Fate of this world

"What do you want that you had to 'research' me and almost die just to see me?"

Phoebe gulped. She prepared for this conversation for a very long time. As in a matter in fact, she thought Athanasia would have better help if she told Lucas she was reincarnated into a novel and explained her situation.

"Well. In short. My soul doesn't belong in this world. This body isn't even mine. All I share with this body is our name-"

"I know."

"-I died in my past life- wait what."

"Didn't you pay attention to what I said? It's indeed rare for people to remember their past lives or they're souls to be reborn into another body. However I have seen my fair share of those people."

"... well that makes my plan easier then. I need help but only your help."

"And why should I help you? Will you offer me your soul? Your mana or prana? Hmm, you're too weak on that. Money? I can making anything I want. So do tell me, woman." Lucas leaned into her face, his eyes glowing and a smirk on his face.

"What reason do you have for me to help you?"

Phoebe was well prepared indeed. Although in the manwha he would do anything for Athanasia. She analyzed his personality.

"Well I thought maybe your mentor taught you better." Phoebe smirked.

As if Lucas saw a ghost, he went pale and his eyes widened.

"What?"

"Your mentor? Whites long hair and powerful? Maybe more than you? Lost his wife and child? I'm sure he taught you better."

Lucas glared at her more.

"No need to get stiff because of that. Although I did drop kick you. I'm weak in magic. I'm incapable of protect into myself against someone with much experience in magic."

"So what do you want me to do? Protect you? I'm not doing any charity work or even help someone as suspicious as you."

"Relax. All I want from you is to teach me how to make potions."

"... potions?"

"Potions."

"... out of ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD'VE ASKED FOR IT WAS POTIONS?!"

"Is that THAT surprising to you?!"

"YES! PEOPLE WOULD ASK FOR MOENY, MANA INCREASE FOR THEIR BODIES! HECK EVEN WORLD DOMINATION!"

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"Okay calm down. Strongest wizard my ass."

"Watch it."

Phoebe looked around.

"You see. I'm an expert in herbs and medicine. I want to know potions for sleeping, healing, etc. you get what I mean. I'm not looking for world domination or power. All I want to do is to protect my boys from future possible dangers. My ... existence here is ruining the timeline you see."

"I felt it."

"Of course you did. So I have no idea what could possibly happen so until those dangers come through. I need to get ready."

"... well I suppose it'll be entertaining to teach you." Lucas shrugged.

"Right. 'Entertaining'." Phoebe rolled her eyes. Light came through the open window and the sun was string to rise. Birds were chirping and the sky was painted in red, pink, blue and black.

"It's morning already? The palace will be in chaos if they don't find me. I better hit the road-"

"I can just teleport you." Lucas snapped his fingers together and both of them were in Phoebe's bedroom chambers. All tidied up.

"Transportation magic is really useful." Phoebe smiled.

"I'll come to you when I want to teach you something." Lucas waved his hand.

"Wait- WHEN you want to teach me?- HEY!"

With that Lucas disappeared.

"Jeez that man. ... I wonder if he'll change his appearance or age." Phoebe wondered.

The morning started peacefully. She had breakfast with Claude before she sent him off to his classes. Already at this age he was showing potential in being a genius. You would think for a normal mother, she would be very excited and proud. However Phoebe wasn't normal. She knew once people noticed that he's a genius. They'll start the rumors that he has potential in being the crown prince instead of Anastacius.

When that happens the empress will unleash her fury and Aeternitas will possess Anastacius by spouting negatives comments and increasing the negative emotions he'll have.

With that she would hire the teachers Claude had and made sure to pay them and beg for them not to tell anyone about him being a genius. Simply telling people he's catching up and he's smart for his age.

However she does praise Claude when they're alone. Making sure to shower him with pats, hugs, kisses, telling him how proud she is to have such a cute and smart son.

It was hard to make sure both brothers got enough attention and care so there wouldn't be any rivalry. However ...

Fate will fix the holes and make sure it goes the way it has to be.

Claude's face was red, heavily breathing in and out and Anastacius tried to remove his sweat with a wet cool cloth.

"Mo-mommy." Claude choked out.

Phoebe fell on her knees next to Claude, her eyes tearing up as she held his hand.

"My baby." Phoebe whispered. Kissing his small hand as she placed her forehead and his.

"Oh, baby. Your fever is way too high. W-why?"

"My mother she ... she hurt his magic beast."

"Magic beast?" A memory flashed in her mind.

A wolf black and blue. Athanasia ran after it and met Lucas who wanted to eat it's mana. Later on she coughed out blood because she couldn't handle her mana in her body by hanging out way too much with the wolf, Blackie. Athanasia coughed out blood when the blue ribbon on her head acted out when she was with Blackie.

"..."

-LET ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE!
-GET YOUR TISSUES READY AND SIT IN YOUR COMFORT PLACE!
-THIS SHIT WILL GET SERIOUS FROM NOW!
-LET THE PAIN BEGIN 😀