Fix your attitude

"You've fallen in love, baby."

Claude froze, he stared at his other with bewilderment. The soft gaze on her expression never changed since he was a child.

"What- what do- how-"

"You have this spark on your eyes. I can recognize it on anyone, darling."

Darling. My son. Baby. Dear. Little prince.

He finally heard those words again.

Claude stayed silent. He sat down next to her and asked quietly.

"Can I hug you?"

Phoebe giggled.

"It's 'may I'. May I hug you? And you don't need permission to hug your mother, baby."

Well then-

Claude hugged her tightly. Breathing in her hair's smell and her arms embracing him. The last time he had embraced her-

Or more like she embraced him was a few days before she had fell into a coma.

Before Anastacius tried to kill her. He tightened his hug.

"You're so big, almost like your father." Phoebe chuckled sadly.

Claude pulled away but he had her hands in his.

He knew his mother had always been in love with his father. Even after his death, she continued to love him. After becoming a Robane lady as well as being a queen.

Many had tried to make a move on her.

Once a man went far as into grabbing her and forcing her to leave with him.

She had slapped him and Sergei had arrested him. However what she said was always engraved in his memory.

"Even in life and death, the only person my heart will ever seek is Emperor Athanasius. And only him."

She made it quite clear she wasn't looking for a second husband or a lover.

A physician had checked her up.

"This is amazing. So you woke up just like that?"

"Well I was awake when some people came to cast- I think it was called an internal spell?"

"Ah, that's the spell we applied to you ever two days to heal you faster, my lady."

"Thank you for your hard work, doctor."

"No problem, my lady. It's my job. However, just in case, take these medications as well so keep away any side effects of you waking up so suddenly." He wrote down a list and gave it to her.

"I will."

"You may leave." Claude ordered.

"Blessings and Glory upon the sun of Obelia." With that final say he left.

"These are slot of medications." Phoebe mumbled as her eyes skimmed through it.

"What are they?" Claude asked.

"I know all of them and I'm sure most of them can be obtained from my gardens. The others are from the eastern because of the mild weather." Phoebe explained.

How could he forget his mother was a herbalist?

Shaking his head, he took the note and gave it to Felix.

"Get these as soon as possible."

"Claude, I could make them myself-"

"No."

Silence.

Claude then realized what he's done.

"... so me being in a coma for 10 years raised your attitude huh?" Phoebe smiled darkly.

"Now that you're emperor you think you can talk down to your own mother as well? Well then-"

"Let me fix your attitude."

(Authors note: like husband, like wife. Huh? 😀)

Claude was pulled by the ear. Kneeling down in front of his mother, he winced.

"Mo-mother-  this is- you can't do this- ow!"

"I sure as hell as can, young man. Ordering people around really made you think you can order your own mother?!"

"No- no no no! Never! My bad! Never again!"

"It BETTER never happen again, young man." Phoebe huffed, finally letting go of his ear.

Claude rubbed his red ear and potted. Felix was trying so hard not to burst out laughing as he held his stomach and had his hand over his mouth.

Phoebe then clapped her hands.

"So."

The two men looked at her.

"Aren't you going to get you r mother food?"

"Right-"

-like husband, like wife.
-Claude the powerful, cold hearted, Tyrant emperor but he's a wee little child to his mother
-who's more stronger and powerful? Claude or Phoebe? 😀
-Instagram: Sunny_Fashion_Mind