Athan's POV

"Yes, fathew."

Then the adventure of being a parent started. Every two hours Claude had to be fed so you could imagine how Phoebe's sleeping schedule got fucked up. Of course she had made Athan to help and said he had to make a bond with his son before it's too late. Anastacius was a lovely big brother. Always following Phoebe or Athan when he had Claude in their arms and a few times they placed Claude in his arms and fed him the bottle of milk Phoebe had prepared.

Whilst doing so the Empress spread the rumor of a new prince being born with commoner blood and some part of the kingdoms citizen started to talk the horrible talk. Athan heard of this and ordered to bring the Empress to the audience room.

The Empress was engaged to Athan since they were children. Her family are of the richest and most respectable noble family in Obelia that supported the Imperial family and the imperial family sponsored them. Athan never liked her. The Empress was an ambitious, selfish, self-centered and rude woman. She would think that she's Obote everyone else and those below her are not of importance at all.

She hated animals to the point she would order the guards to kill anything that would come towards her. A bear, a wolf, a dog, a cat, a hamster, a bird and etc. The Empress would even harass any woman who would try to talk to Athan or associate with him. His first concubine was bullied to the point she ran away from the continent. The only t I've they were intimate was to only have a heir to the throne and Athan hated every second of being in touch with her.

Once Anastacius was born, he was finally free from her however he couldn't just stay in the state he was so he took on the missions he would give our to his guards himself and follow along. Then he met Phoebe. At first he felt pity over the woman who looked at the verge of death but after that encounter he never stopped thinking about her. Did she die from starvation or from an illness?

Without much thought they had to visit the village again and Athan heard talks about a woman who was helping out the village with her skills. So he did some investigating and found out the commoner woman has medical skills and used them to help people at a reasonable price. Curious on how a commoner head this education, he track her down and to his surprise it was the same woman from the forest. However she was much healthier and looked so much livelier than ever. Her face had some rosey chubby cheeks, pink plump lips, her figure wasnät much of any other woman who would try to impress him but she had the figure of a healthy woman.

He met her and he was glad on how honest the woman, Phoebe, was to him. It was such a long time since anyone else beside his friends Richards and Lucius were so honest to him because he was the Emperor. The friendship had became something  that Athan truly treasured and then it turned in to something he never thought.

The flirting was wholesome and innocent. A woman complimenting a man and a man complimenting a woman. Then 'that' happened. Phoebe's true intentions showed itself and Athan had gotten himself into a mess- an exciting mess that he would gladly get himself into. He left to his own palace and solved dome of the countries problems before going back to Phoebe. After that the two had started dating and for the first time in years he felt happy. He had a woman who loved him for him and was hornet- however he felt horrible for not telling her who he was.

Everything was normal until she mentioned being a mother. Athan imagined it and he loved the idea however that means he'll need to tell her the truth. Then came the situation of drought in the west of Obelia which took him way too long for his liking. He sent out his shadow spies to loo after Phoebe and when he heard she was indeed pregnant, he immediately ordered for his best guards and maids to go bring her to him. Specifically ordering them to treat her with respect and kindness.

He wouldn't admit it but it did hurt him that Phoebe didn't want to be the lover of an Emperor. Even though he knows why, it still hurts. Yes, everyone thinks it must be a dream to be a member of the imperial family and live the easy and luxury life. However it wasn't until he lost count on how many assassin was sent to him to kill him off and how many times he got poisoned. The harsh treatment and education to be the next ruler of Obelia was cruel.

So when Anastacius was brown he made sure to pick out the best teachers to educate him but there was still times when they were cruel and harsh to his son so he sent out the tower for everyone to fear him if they harmed his son.

Phoebe was the reason he was looking forward at the end of the day or when he was almost done with his paper work or council meetings. But of course there was no such thing as a happily ever after. The Empress would try to sabotage Phoebe or harm her so he threaten her that if she tried anything to her or the child then she will be banned from entering the Diamond Palace. In which he did after she tried to make Phoebe look like a thief.

When Claude was born and placed in his arms, alongside his two broken fingers, he knew this was what he wanted. Phoebe made him spend more time with Anastacius whereas others would try to make him spend more time on their own. It was obvious Phoebe loved Anastacius as her own and oh the thought of her being his actual mother was simply a dream.

Anastacius was so obvious that he saw Phoebe as his mom than his own mother made Athan realize they both needed a person like her. Athan's family was only Phoebe, Anastacius, Claude and himself. The perfect family in his mind.

However he fears for the worst. There is no such thing as living peacefully and happily. And of course he was right.