Ghost of you

It was as if the world was trying to fix the time line and story by making Phoebe's life hell. The many punishments she received made her body weak, could barely walk. Without her knowing, Claude received harsh attention and discipline.

"Mother ... ." Claude rubbed his cheek against his mothers.

"Hi, baby ... how was your day?" Phoebe said weakly.

"I finished all of the books today ... I got a full mark on my test."

"That's my smart boy." Phoebe played with her sons golden hair.

Athanasius ... when are you coming back?

"Richard ... please ... keep them safe."

"Your majesty, don't say that. We're almost there-"

"Lucius ... we ... his son ... he'll be all alone ... ."

"Me and you. TOGETHER. Will think something of it. Phoebe is waiting for you. She'll be so pissed-"

"I want you to adopt her to your family and protect her from the empress."

"You majesty. There will be no need for that. You'll protect her once we get back."

"I'm not going to make it, my friend."

"I really don't want to hear it-"

"Please ... take care of them ... ."

"Your majesty? Your majesty! ATHANSIUS!"

The war was a victory to Obelia, many lost their lives but with died with great honor. Phoebe especially tried her hardest to stand tall as everyone came back. The kingdom was celebrating the win yet no one has seen the emperor.

"Richard asked for me?"

"Yes, your highness."

"I see."

"Let me help."

Her maids helped her stand up, trying to ignore the burning feeling on her back.

"Let's go."

Phoebe was taken to a private area of the Diamond Palace. She saw her friend who started she hasn't seen for 3 years.

"Richard!" Phoebe called out.

The red headed knight turned with a bright smile but his smile flattered when he saw her at the state she was. He immediately ran to her and held her in his embrace.

"Ouch, ouch, not too tight be guy." Phoebe winced with a smile.

Richard's expression darkened.

"Did she do this to you?"

"Let's not ruin the moment okay? Where's Athanasius? Is Lucius with Roger?"

Richard remained quiet.

"Come with me." Richard escorted Phoebe inside the room and-

There were two tabled, a white cloth over it, under it was-

Bodies.

Phoebe's heart dropped.

"This- this isn't them right? Did- did two great knights pass away? W-where's Athanasius? Richard?"

Richard looked down, not daring to look Phoebe into her eyes.

"R-Richard?"

"I'm sorry ... ."

Phoebe's body moved on its own. Her trembling hands grabbed the white cloth, with a few seconds after. She pulled it over and-

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! NO! NO NO NO! THIS ISN'T ATHANASIUS! HE SAID HE'D COME BACK ALIVE! HE PROMISED! NO NO NO!" Phoebe screamed.