Chapter 21 || Individual problems

|Jimin's POV|

Christmas went by more peacefully than I had firstly imagined it. I was expecting that Jungkook would end up doing something stupid or would upset me but frankly, he was actually really nice, so nice that my aunt said she wished she could just adopt him. If only she knew..

Jungkook turned out to be a big help while preparing for Christmas Dinner and he even did the dishes afterwards. It's about 10PM by now and Jungkook went out to the garden to take some time in the fresh air. I could tell that throughout the dinner he seemed to feel quite down so I didn't bother stopping him, instead after cleaning everything up, I made two cups of hot chocolate and made my way to the garden where Jungkook sat at the little bench and table we usually used in summer. He didn't seem to notice me until I placed down the two cups and sat next to him. "I thought you'd like something to keep you warm in this cold." I said instantly wrapping my hands around the warm cup. Jungkook smiled lightly as he took the cup into his hands as well.

"Thanks, and yeah, you're right, it's cold out here." He said which ended the conversation leaving silence between us. "You're not gonna ask why I'm sat out here when it's this cold?" He asked after a while as we both turned to look at each other.

"No.." I shook my head, "whatever the reason is, it must be good enough. It's none of my business." I answered looking up at the night sky that was filled with the stars.

"You know.. you're nicer than what you let people see." Jungkook mumbled and when I took a look at him I just saw him sitting there, cup in both hands, head low and this unknown to me sparkle in his eyes that accompanied the light, honest simle on his lips. "People should be jealous that I get to see this side of you." He added on looking up at me. Not having a good enough reply I looked away embarrassed and took a sip of my drink.

"You shouldn't get used to this. I can be more mean that I've shown as well. You never know." I warned the guy sitting at the other end of the table.

"Too bad I refuse." He quickly ignored my words making me a little agitated.

"Why?" I asked wanting to know his reasoning.

"Because I like you." For a second I felt my heart stop but I quickly realised that there was nothing to worry about. After all he only meant it as a friend way. I guess I was just not used to hearing those words after such a long time.

"Whatever you say, but don't regret it later." I said getting up from the cold bench and walking over to the sliding glass door to the house. "I'm going in, it's too cold for me." I added on as I walked into the house straight after that. I hoped that Jungkook would quickly stop being this sad as I didn't really see myself in the role of cheering him up, also I didn't want to pry into his life more than I already found out, even if it wasn't on purpose but purely because some people cannot keep thier mouth shut.

Sliding the door behind me shut I am met with my aunt who has a worried look on her face which said that she realised that Jungkook was upset today. "Is he okay?" She asked quietly and I just nodded as I walked over to the sink to clean my cup.

"Yeah, he just misses his parents. As anyone would at a time like this.." I explained, scrubbing the sides of the basically already clean cup. There was a brief silence before aunt spoke up again, "Do you miss your parents?" I stopped in motion, the only sound that was filling the kitchen was the running faucet that after a second I turned off, placing my cup on the drying rack and drying my hands with a nearby kitchen towel.

"I thought you said you wouldn't bring them up again.." I mumbled leaning against the counter.

"I know darling.." she spoke softly and carefully, "it's just so hard to tell what you're feeling. You never talk with me or your brother ever since that accident—"

"Don't ever speak to me about that ever again." I cut her off sternly as I clench my hands around the counter. Realising how harsh I just were on my aunt, my expression softens in an apologetic way. "Please.. you know how I feel about that." I added on before walking out of the kitchen and up to my room. Although me and aunt didn't really have a conversation, it was enough to ruin my mood for tonight but what was worse; I knew I would have to pretend like nothing happened to Jungkook.

Just as that thought hit me the door of my room opened and forth came Jungkook who looked like he had enough of the cold wind. "You good?" Jungkook asked instantly spotting the difference which in a way didn't surprise me.

"Of course." I quickly answered hoping that the guy would left it at that but of course my wishes weren't heared and the latter continued.

"You don't seem so good to me." He pointed out walking over to me and sitting down next to me.

"Listen, even if I'm not, I didn't pry into what was bothering you so it'd be nice if you did the same." I snapped back at him making him shut up instantly. He knew I had a point, therefore I could be left with my thoughts on my own. That's when I felt Jungkooks hand on top of my head, making my lean on his shoulder. "The hell are you–?"

"At least accept this. It will make you feel better, I promise." He said quietly as he gently petted my head. It made me feel annoyed but at the same time it did relax me a little which is why I decided to not argue further as I myself wasn't sure of what to feel.

I didn't even notice when I drifted off to sleep while resting on Jungkook..

___________________________________________________________________

I think I'm actually gonna keep doing chapters with 1k words instead of 2k unless I'll have something massive to write out, but for chapters like this it'll be 1k.

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

Stay safe~

-River♡