Chapter 14 || Unexpected

|Jungkook's POV|

Silently working on the project as I let Jimin rest up a bit on my shoulder made me feel somewhat at peace. He was asleep for around half an hour before I heard him mumble something in his sleep, I couldn't really make out what it was but I didn't want to disturb him so I just got back to work, but then I felt him tightly grip my shirt. Having my heart speed up and not knowing how to react was really something, I let go of the pencil I was holding to focus on the guy who I realised was sweating.

Is he having some kind of nightmare?

Just when I decided to wake up the guy he suddenly sat up, panicked and breathing heavily. I flinched, confused and worried while Jimin was looking around the room, probabbly only realising that whatever he was dreaming about was just a nightmare. I gulped not knowing what to do or say; he seems really out of it.

After grabing a grasp of reality Jimin hid his shaken up face in his palms, still breathing heavily and sweating.

Is he crying?

"Uhm.. are you okay?" I asked softly even though it was quite obvious he wasn't, I gently touched his shoulder to not scare him even more than he already is.

"Please.." I barely heard him breath out. I leaned in closer to hear whatever he wanted to say next better. "Some water, please.." I nodded, altough Jimin couldn't see that. I got up wanting to go get him some water but he stopped me by grabing a tight grip of my wrist. I turned to look at him confused. "Wait.. let me go with you, I just need to get a hold of myself.." Not saying a word I just looked at the guy who was having trouble breathing, still holding my wrist as if his life depended on it.

After a few seconds he got up, wiping away the leftover tears from his face. Even though I was looking at him without a single sound, he kept his gaze on the floor.

Jimin's grip on my wrist started to loosen meaning he was about to leg go but I took this opportunity to slide my hand into his and guide him out of his room to his kitchen. He didn't hold my hand back or try to free himself from my grip. I would say it was all due to the constant shock he was in.

Soon we were in the kitchen and Jimin sat down at the kitchen table while I had to try and navigate where he keeps his cups to then fill it with water for him. When I did, I placed the cup on the table for him and he soon drank it.

"Does this happen often?" I asked trying to find my boundaries. For the first time for the past twenty minutes Jimin looked up at me.

"No." He answered but I could sense that he wasn't being truthful.

"I see.." Deciding to just go with it I sat in front of him. "Are you feeling any better?" He nodded and I tried believing him but I couldn't ignore the fact that in this situation he looks just like me. Except I never have anyone who'd ask those questions. "Would you like to talk about.. what happened?" I asked uncertain of how Jimin might react.

"It wasn't anything serious, just a simple nightmare." Liar. If it was a simple nightmare would you have been this shaken up? "Sorry about this.. I don't usually get nightmares so I'm a bit shaken up.." A bit? That's an understatement..

"It's okay, I understand." I smiled and Jimin looked up at me. Our eyes met and for the first time I realised how warm his eyes look, altough at the moment they are frightened and puffy since he was crying not too long ago. Jimin looked away, getting up to grab another glass of water.

"You should get going.. it's half past eleven, we have school tomorrow." He said changing the subject.

"Are you going to be okay tough?" I asked out of concern for the black haired guy. He nodded putting the now empty glass in the sink.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. As I said, a simple nightmare." Altough he was trying to reassure me I felt the need of staying longer, but I knew that the guy would just nag me to leave so, I got up from the seat and walked to the front door. Jimim followed behind me.

After putting on my shoes and coat I turned to look at Jimin one last time and to say goodbye. "Well, goodnight.." I said before turning around to walk out the house, but.. "also, if you'll have trouble going to sleep or have a nightmare again, you can text me. I'll get back to you as fast as I can." I added making sure the guy knows he can talk to me if he needs to. He nodded but it seemed like what I just said went through one ear and left by the other.

Feeling uncertain about leaving Jimin, I walked out of the house, heading back to my own. When I got home and got to my room I instinictivly checked my phone just in case Jimin texted me. Of course he didn't, I don't know why I expected him to text me, after all, all I'm doing is butting into his life for my own sake that he'll eventually find out about but a part of me was genuinely worried about the guy since he looked like he was truly having a very hard time.

I sighed leaving my phone on the side as I left to have a shower before bed. I never liked taking long showers as it only wasted the water and made the bill higher, so I spent less than 5 minutes under the welcoming warm water and dried myself off before getting into my pjs. Walking back to my room I noticed my phone screen lit up which I instantly decided to check out, right after throwing the towel I was using a second ago to dry my hair, in a corner of my room.

At first I thought that I'd either be Taehyung or Hoseok but no, it was Jimin.

Jimin:
Please forget about
what happened
today, or at least
don't try to bring it
up in any kind of
way or shape.

Seeing that text I decided not to reply to it as I somewhat knew that he wouldn't reply or give me any answers anyway, at least not today.

_____________________________________________________________

Another chapter done! I hope none of those chapters bore you 🙊

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

Stay safe~

-River♡