Chapter 5 || Phone Number

|Jungkook's POV|

"Why should I care what others think about it?" I questioned, I wasn't saying that to get on his 'good side'. It was the way I went by, that's how I befriended Hoseok as well, he was seen as wired and people would call him names so when I approached him people saw me in the similar way as him but eventually people got bored and started to see him differently too.

"What?..." Jimin looked more surprised than ever. I guess it's not everyday someone says this to him.

"I mean, I just let people say what they wanna say, why should I care if they're not important to me at all? I would be upset if my friends would laugh at me than those who don't count in my life." I added on making Jimin go silent. I didn't know what was going through his head but I was hoping that this would make him warm up to me a bit more.

"Alright.. are we going to do a PowerPoint then?" What? Did he literally just ignore what I said? Let's hope not, I want to get as many brownie points as I can in a short amount of time.

I smiled warmly going along with this topic. "Sure, I don't mind." Jimin nodded scribbling something down in his note-pad. "Oh- You have a note-pad too?" I asked grinning, Jimin awkwardly agreed while fiddling with his pen. "Do you use it to plan out your day as well? Or is it just for homework?"

"It's.. just for homework."

"I see, I use mine to plan the whole day since I'm usually quite busy." I replied which ultimately ended the current topic. "So uh, when should we meet up to begin this project?" I asked as Jimin silently scribbled down some things.

"Whenever you're free would be fine." He mumbled not paying much attention to what I say. Even if he wasn't listening to me very much I still couldn't let this conversation come to an end.

"Well then how will I be able to contact you when I'm free?" I asked hoping that he'll give me his number which will give me more opportunities to get closer to Jimin under the excuse of this project. Jimin looked up at me while I was grinning like a child, he rolled his eyes before tearing apart a small piece of paper and writing down his number. He slid the note over to me and I took it quickly looking at the paper before putting it in my pocket. "Thanks, I'll text you as soon as I'll find out when we can work on this, alright?"

"Yeah." At that moment the ball rung and I couldn't believe that an hour passed already, everyone started packing up and leaving. I was one of the last ones to leave. Outside the class I was met with Hoseok and Taehyung already waiting for me, probabbly waiting for some information at how the lesson went. I smirked and took out the note while walking up to my friends nonchalantly.

"Is that his?.." Taehyung squinted his eyes in attempt to see the paper clearer.

"No way he got his number already. That's bullshit." Hoseok added but my smirk didn't fade from my face.

"I got his number lads, even if my excuse was the project I still got it!" I exclaimed proudly. "By the way, next time try to mind your own business, you are lucky to be partners in this project so get on with it instead laughing at me and Jimin. Luckily for you that incident scored me some brownie points." I added feeling a bit irritated at how childish my friends can be, they sighed almost in unison and nodded. After that we left the building, making our way home. As per usual my friends asked if I wanted to hang out with them today but I had to decline once again with an excuse of wanting to study. Our ways got separated and I sped up to get home faster.

At the café I greeted my co-workers and instantly begun working. Thankfully today was quite peaceful so I got to have a longer break. Hyuna almost instantly came to my side with a cup of coffee for me. "Thanks.." I mumbled, taking the cup while I typed in Jimin's number into my phone.

"Who's Jimin?" Hyuna asked peering over my shoulder. I turned off my screen, looking back up at her.

"We were assigned as pairs for this project at school, so we needed a way to communicate about it." I explained not mentioning anything more than that. The red-haired girl nodded not asking about it further. She sat down next to me, drinking her own drink.

"Have you ever thought about getting a girlfriend?" She asked suddenly, making me choke on my drink.

"What's with that question?!" I questioned surprised. The girl laughed at my sudden reaction.

"Calm down! I'm just worried.." She said which made me look at her confused. "You always seen so worried and lonely, so I thought that maybe I should set you up with someone so you could maybe look a bit happier." Hyuna explained with a concerned look in her eyes. Her care made me smile and pat her back in a comforting way.

"Don't worry about me, I'm doing fine and I need to sort out my life before I start thinking about getting into a relationship." I replied reassuring the girl who also smiled after a while.

Getting home late at night isn't very fun but if it means you'll get paid for it then it seems a bit better. I flopped on my bed instantly getting my phone out, even though I was barely able to keep my eyes open I still wanted to text Jimin; progress must be made as fast as possible.

[11:43 PM]

Jungkook:
Hey, it's Jungkook 🍪

[11:51 PM]

Jimin:
You're lucky I'm not
asleep

Jimin:
Otherwise I'd ignore
you until school

Jungkook:
Then why aren't
you ignoring me now?

Jungkook:
Are you intrested
in talking to me? 😱

Jimin:
If this has nothing
to do with the project
then I can just turn my
phone off and sleep 😒

Jungkook:
Omg I'm sorry I swear
it's about the project 😢

Jungkook:
How about we meet
up Sat?

Jungkook:
I can probabbly find
some free time then

Jimin:
Fine, text me the
details whenever
you have them, I'm
going to sleep now.

Jungkook:
Okie, good night Jimin 😊

No answer.. I could've expected that. I turned off my phone wanting to do nothing more than sleep just like Jimin.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have more luck holding a conversation with him.

________________________________________________

Look at me guys, I'm actually updating sooner than a month or two later 😱
I low-key feel quite proud of myself B)

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

-River