Chapter 7 || Working Together

|Jungkook's POV|

When I stepped in Jimin's room (with him closing the door behind me) I could instantly tell that he liked his belongings to be clean and organised, his cleaness kind of reminded me of a girl, but I didn't dare to say anything just in case I'd offend him.

The room was quite simple but comfy looking, the single bed was placed in the top right corner of the room, a small bedside table where an alarm clock was slowly counting away the time. The wardrobe was adjacent to the bed, it was a medium size if I say so myself. On the other hand, the desk which had all kinds of text books, lamp and a laptop on top of, stood against the left wall, on the right side of it was a window that lit up the room for the lamp until night came. In the middle of the room, was a small table with three cushions to sit on, that's where Jimin carried over his laptop and textbooks that I assumed we're going to work from.

He took out a cushion where he gestured for me to sit on while he sat next to it with his laptop open. I sat down next to him just as he offered. Quickly after me and Jimin begun discussing our plan of action for this project, but I wasn't very focused on it. Mostly because it was very boring but it was good thing that Jimin hasn't noticed, or so I thought. "I thought we were going to do this together." Jimin scoffed, pointing out my unawerness. I chuckled nervously, realising I've been caught.

"Sorry it's just.. you basically took over this project, you're telling me what we're going to do without asking me for any input or opinion." I countered Jimin's point with mine and that seemed to work as Jimin, hearing what I say, looked down at the scribbles on the paper which included only things that he himself said.

"Damn.. you're right, sorry." He mumbled, scanning over the notes which indeed only included all he said. "Uh.. how about we start again? This time you can suggest things, I'll listen and tell you my opinion." Jimin suggested as he threw away the used papers and handed me empty ones. He also provided me with a pencil, pen and an eraser. I smiled lightly at him but that didn't spur any emotions from his side, I never realised how hard this dare would be..

Staring at the paper for a few seconds I put my idea together and scribbled it down on paper before showing it to Jimin who seemed surprised at how fast I came up with it. "What do you think?" I questioned while Jimin took the paper to look at it. He nodded his head seemingly impressed as he said that this could work and so, we went on working like this for another hour or so and while Jimin was too busy talking or writing something I managed to scoot a little bit closer to him to the point where our shoulders touched; that's when he realised how close we are.

He turned his face to look at me, making me also look his way, showing no signs of discomfort, pretending like I don't realise that me and him are sitting next to each other very closely. Jimin looked away coughing awkwardly while shuffling away from me. "Sorry.. I feel like I might be coming down with a cold soon." He said giving me a 'valid excuse' to move away and I smirked to myself, hoping that I made the guy embaressed instead of making him feel uncomfortable. After all - it's not like I know for a fact that he might be attracted to males, both or other.

I personally haven't put a label on my sexuality as I haven't had the need to. Another thing was that I wasn't very experienced in relationships and love stuff, well at least I never actually liked the person I dated. It was always for a dare or to have some fun.

"I see.." I mumbled, as if out of awkwardness I tapped my phone to see what the time is to realise that in an hour I have to get to my job. "Oh.. um sorry but I think we'll have to finish here for today. I have somewhere to be and I only have an hour." I said turning to look at Jimin who also looked at the time and nodded. Without another word I got up and packed up my belongings.

To my surprise Jimin also got up to walk me to the front door. He leaned against the wall in front of me as I slid my sneakers on, waiting quietly for me to be ready to leave. After checking if I have everything I smiled gently at Jimin and told him goodbye to which he nodded and held the door open for me. I left without another word.

--

Sitting behind the convenience store counter I let myself rest my head on top of the counter. It was past eleven at night, I wasn't expecting any customers at this point, especially on a Sunday night.

The time was slowly ticking away and I could feel my precious face ageing with it. The only company I had was the gentle sound of music echoing throughout the store. At least it kept me awake.

Looking at the time I just waited for my shift to end so I could leave and go to sleep, but someone entered the store. "Welcome.." I mumbled as per usual as I got up to be ready for when the customer comes to pay.

It was a short male who was wearing a beanie and a bomber coat, only when he turned around I realised it was Jimin. Yet he didn't seem to care that I was working here. In fact he didn't even look me in the eye.

Harsh much..

_____________________________________________

Chapter 7 done!

Jungkook is slowly making his moves on Jimin but will Jimin actually notice that?

-

I would just like to say to remember to wash your hands to protect yourself at least a little from Coronavirus. I know most of you are probabbly sick hearing about it by now but remember to take care of yourself!

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

-River