Chapter 27 || Owns Fate Pt. 2

|Jungkook's POV|

Fate: the development of events outside a person's control, regarded as predetermined by a supernatural power.

"fate decided his course for him"

The second my ears picked up on the beeping of the green light I didn't think twice before going to cross the road. With Jimin following slightly behind me I focused on the destination I was trying to get to, that is before I got snapped into reality by Jimins afraid cry out. Only then did I notice a pair of blinding lights heading straight towards me. Too stunned to do anything it almost felt like I've accepted my fate right there and then.. Well.. Maybe accepting it wasn't that bad of a choice after all?..

It's not like I had much to loose...

With a single blink I watched as the truck sped past me, not stopping, not slowing down.. as quick as it appeared it disappeared.. "Are you fucking stupid?! Do you have some kind of stupid death wish that you don't even pay attention to what's going on around you!?" While the shock from my near death slowly left my body, Jimin continued to curse me out whilst lecturing me as he tightly gripped the back of my shirt, not letting me go out of the embrace I've found myself in.. it didn't take me long to notice he was crying.. but.. why was I crying?.. "Jimin.. who's death are you mourning so much?" I asked feeling a slight kick in the bottom of my stomach that helped me muster up my courage to inquire him about today. As if mentioning a curse Jimin fell silent and his grip tightened. Ah.. I guess he won't tell me after all.. I sighed softly and patted the guy on the back as if to tell him I'm completely okay and that we can resume on our way home. As he slowly pulled away it didn't take long for me to notice the extra warmth I received while Jimin held onto me, it almost felt more cold than before because of that.. but maybe that was due to the adrenaline leaving..

After about twenty minutes we entered the neighbourhood area, it seemed like Jimin has calmed down a lot which was a good sign. We turned a corner and Jimins house was in eye's view, that's when I decided to stop the guy and ask once more: "Hey.. you sure you don't wanna talk about it?.." Jimin took a while to think about my question and right as I was about to dismiss it once more Jimin finally broke his silence. "When I was younger.. at the time that my parents left me and my brother my aunt lived in Seoul so we had to form a new life there, it was really hard for me.. knowing that my parents abandoned me and Jihyun.. it just hurt.." I watched as Jimin grimaced at the single thought of his parents.. I couldn't tell if he resented them or missed them, I guess it could be both.. similarly to me.. "Thankfully Jihyun was too young to understand back then so adapting to the new environment was easier for him.. me on the other hand.." Jimin took a pause whilst sighing "I took it all out on my aunt and after it all passed I met Seokjin.." so I was right, this person wasn't Jimin's family, then how important was he for Jimin? Who was he to Jimin? "Seokjin was my comfort, my helping hand.. I cherished him so much and I wished the best for him. We became inseperable, we did almost everything together. We onced pranked our teacher and got away with it.." I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing. Jimin? A prankster? No way, this sounds nothing like Jimin. "Then one day we had an argument.. you see Seokjin got a girlfriend and she was a bit too possessive of him and when I started pointing that out he didn't take it too well so we argued. Eventually he had enough of my whining and left and I ran after him, I followed him all the way to the main road and when he realised I was catching up he-" Suddenly Jimin stopped mid sentence, his eyes instantly filled with tears and his breath became uneven. He was struggling.. he was struggling a lot and I had no idea what to do to try and help him.. "He crossed the road on a red light and a truck- a truck came around the corner and.. and.." Without another word I pulled Jimin into a tight hug. It was obvious he's been blaming himself for that incident..