Chapter 12 || Parents

|Jimin's POV|

I still can't belive I'm actually doing this.

It's nearing 6pm and I'm sitting in my kitchen, arms crossed, waiting like a puppy with two cups of tea waiting for Jungkook to arrive. He honestly is driving me insane, I tell him not to come over so he does the opposite and even has the audacity to request tea for him. Yet for some reason I do it anyway.

I scoffed not believing my own actions, while staring at the tea. "Jeez, calm down. It's just me." Jihyun said after I scoffed which meant he only arrived just now. My face shifted from frustration to slight surprise.

"Oh, Jihyun.. are you hungry?" I questioned wanting to know the reason behind the youngers sudden appearance anywhere but in his room.

"Nah, just need some more water supply. I'll be raging on Legends of League all night." He explained but I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's a school night."

"So? I've been to school on no sleep before." He shrugged taking out two energy drinks and one big water bottle.

"Jihyun that's-"

"What's up with the two cups of tea?" He questioned swiftly changing the subject. "Is Jungkook coming over again?" I sighed, nodding my head in agreement. "Wow, you made him tea, are you two actually friends?"

"Of course not, he asked for tea so I made him some out of manners." I explained, which was the only reasonable explanation to me for making that idiot anything with my precious effort.

"Manners my ass.." Jihyun mumbled walking out of the kitchen, not believing my words.

"Yah! Park Jihyun!" I shouted after the kid who ignored me completely and went back up to his room. I scoffed getting comfortable in my chair again, cursing under my breath due to how Jihyun is acting. I swear he's getting worse by each day.

Just as I got comfortable the doorbell rang and I couldn't help but jump a little at the sudden echoing sound that filled the quiet house, (seems like Jungkook is here) I got up from the chair and walked to the door, opening it for the taller guy who I noticed was looking exhausted. I didn't question it though, instead I just stepped aside, letting him in. "I made you the tea you wanted." I said as I guided the guy to the kitchen after he took off his shoes.

"Thank god, I'm freezing." He breathed out as for some reason he was breathing heavily. Farrowing my eyebrows in question as we both sat down at the kitchen table, I decided to question it.

"Why are you out of breath?" For a second it seemed like my question seemed to snap Jungkook back into reality but he quickly gave me an answer.

"Ah, I got let out of work late so I speed walked to your house." Jungkook smiled and I had to admit, I was surprised at his determination to the point I found it quite intriguing.

"Are you always this determined?" I asked taking a sip of my own tea, not thinking much about what we're talking about.

"No." He answered honestly, shaking his head slightly. I looked up to see if the guy is going to continue. "Not until I met you." He said softly with a wierd tint in his eyes that I could not describe.  My eyes widened slightly as they met the latters after his add on to the answer.

Feeling taken aback I scoffed quietly setting the tea cup down. "Try hard." I said, crossing my arms to which Jungkook reacted with a small chuckle. I raised my eyebrow. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing's funny.. you're just adorable when you're speechless." Jungkook stated while constantly staring at me. It was wierd, I could read his facial expression but not the look in his eyes. Just what are your intentions, Jeon Jungkook?

"Whatever.." I muttered as a way to change the subject. "Why did you want to come over and have tea?"

"Well, I guess I'm just a little lonely at home, after work." He answered making me once more raise an eyebrow in qustion.

"What about your parents?"

That question seemed to alert Jungkook as he suddenly stiffened and a glint of nervousness was shown by his sudden, quiet taps on the teacup. "Well.. they're not much company." He mumbled lowering his gaze, I didn't quite know what to think of this so I just nodded, forgetting this subject, which seemed to relax the latter. "Anyways, you live with your aunt right? What about your parents?" This time Jungkook questioned and for a second I felt like my whole entire existence was sinking into the ground, altough I found the question rather saddening, I had no trouble answering it.

"They abandoned us when we were little." I answered meaning me and my brother, Jungkook instantly widened his eyes in shock, probably thinking he touched on a bad subject. "Jihyun was too young to remember but I.. I still remember." Adding on I watched my reflection in the green tea, remembering the day when my parents drove me and Jihyun to my aunts house, they dropped us off at the front of the house saying that we'll be staying there for a while and they will come back to get us after a while. I was holding Jihyuns hand as we watched them drove off before ringing the doorbell where our aunt looked shocked to see us, she let us in before phoning our parents that never picked up ever again from me, auntie or anyone else. They vanished like from Jihyuns memory.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know, I-" Jungkook spoke up bringing me back to reality. He must've thought that I'm hurt by remembering and talking about this.

"It's okay, that's not something I get sad about anymore." I stopped the brown haired guy mid-sentence, to clarify my feelings towards what my parents did. "Actually, I'm quite happy they did that. If I remember correctly they weren't the best parents from the start anyway, so in the end, it turned out to our favor." I explained with a light smile to maybe lighten the mood, but Jungkook still looked worried. "I'm fine, seriously." Even though I said that, a single tear fell down my cheek, catching even me by surprise.

_____________________________________________________________

A getting to know each other conversation between our babies, seems like Jimin without knowing it is opening up to Kookie.

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

Stay safe~

-River