Chapter 11 || Café

|Jungkook's POV|

Today is the official first day of the one week I've been given by Jimin to prove I'm not an asshole. With that in mind I got up earlier than usual to go and pick up Jimin and walk with him to school. I told him about it before hand last night and although he had to argue a little about it, he knew I wasn't going to change my mind. Before leaving my house I left a small text for my friends about the progress of the bet. They were even nice enough to give me another couple of weeks but sadly they turned the 500 into 300. I guess it'll do anyways.

Checking the time, I finished packing my bag and left to go to Jimin's house. Using the doorbell to his house I put on a cheerful expression and wait for the guy to open the door which he does in a fairly quick time. He looks up at me with the usual bland expression and soon walks out after putting his shoes on. "Morning!" I say in an excited manner, he hums in response as we both start walking to school. "You know, you could at least try and coorperate with me here if you want me to prove myself to you." I continued walking next to Jimin who didn't look at me and was focused on the path.

"Why? If you're really determined then I don't need to coorperate." He shrugged while taking a turn in a different direction from school. I stood there for a second, confused as to what Jimin is up to.

"Um.. isn't the school that way?" I pointed questionigly. Jimin turned to look at me and said: "Yes, but I always go to the nearby cafe to buy coffee and breakfast." He explained and I nodded in understanding, following him further. It turned out that the cafe he was talking about was the one I work at so when we walked in together, my co-worker Sunmi instantly smiled at me and greeted me with a gentle nod.

"Will it be the usual?" She asked, meaning Jimin. So he comes here quite often.. If school wasn't a pain in the ass I'd switch my shifts to morning. Jimin nodded while getting out his wallet to pay. "And for you, Jungkookie?" Her eyes shifted to me and I looked up surprised. 

"Oh, I'm not getting anything, tha-"

"He'll have the same, you drink coffee right?" Jimin cut me off, turning to look at me, expecting my answer. Baffled at his action I forget how to speak for a second but his intanse stare quickly reminds me what Korean language is.

"Uh yeah, I do." I answer and Jimin hands the money to Sunmi who bows her head and turns to the coffee machine to prepare our order. In the meantime, I had time to question Jimin. "Why did you just do that? You didn't have to.. and you payed for it as well..." I said feeling a sense of guilt and embarassment for what just happened. I never liked it when people payed for me, it would always remind me of how I barely have any money. 

"I was raised that way. It's rude to buy yourself something while you're with someone, or not to at least share with them, and since I don't like sharing, I'd rather just buy you the drink and croissant." Was his answer as he put away his wallet, securely in his bag. So he was being polite, in his own way. I guess I can accept that. After that, we both actually walk to school, drinking our coffee and eating. 

We parted our ways at school, altough Jimin agreed to walking together to school and from, he said he at least wanted some peace throughout school. That is, unless I happen to sit next to him in some classes, which to my advantage happened as a new seating plan was created for two of our classes. Good for me, can't say the same for the guy though. The second I sat next to him in our English class I saw him clearly giving a death glare while I smiled cheekily. 

As the teacher was busy giving us a lecture I wrote a quick note and passed it to Jimin. I asked him if he was free later today to which he quickly replied with a 'N.O', I honestly expected that. Disregarding his answer I answered: 'I'll be over at 6pm, make sure to make me some tea, please.' The second Jimin read the note he looked up at me with burning passion of wanting to tell me to fuck off but we both knew that we couldn't talk during this lecture, our teacher didn't belong to the nicest, therefore; we sat there staring at each other, both comepletly contrastion facial expressions. Just then..

"Jungkook, Jimin. Are you listening or having a staring contest?" The teacher spoke and we both froze in fear as our faces turned to look at the teacher. She raised an eyebrow in question, waiting for our answer as I gulped. I was desperatly hoping Jimin would speak for us but I knew that he wasn't going to. I lowered my head as Jimin looked at me in the corner of his eye.

"Sorry Mrs Song. This won't happen again.." I forced out, feeling how the burning gaze of the strict, slim woman burned a whole through my face.

"It better not, or I'll have to take your lunch away." The woman said in an icy tone and continued with the lesson. Lifting my head back up I looked at Jimin who seemed amused at my pale face from fearing Mrs. Song, he wasn't even looking at me but snickering quietly with a small smile showing across his lips. I couldn't help but also smile at his reaction; it made me feel somewhat at ease that he let himself show any kind of reaction in front of me.

I guess he really is willing to let me prove myself.

_____________________________________________________________

Jimin is slowly accepting Jungkook as a friend, oblivious to Jungkook's evil intentions. But will they stay that way for long?

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

Stay safe,

-River♡