Chapter 1 || Coffee Shop

||Jungkook's POV||

I couldn't believe I actually agreed to it.

Just because the amount of money they were willing to give me blinded me. How am I supposed to even approach this guy? Doesn't he just brush everyone off when they try to talk to him?

I sighed as I took out some textbooks out of my locker for the next lessons. At least those guys didn't give me a time limit, because I know that if they did, I'd be done for. I don't want to act recklessly so I'm going to take today as a way to come up with some sort of plan - that is if I don't come home completely sleep deprived.

When the school day was over I made my way to the bus stop to get home, quickly calculating the average time it'll take me to get home and then leave for work; I found out I wouldn't be late. That is, if the bus doesn't come late - which as if on purpose came five minutes late. At home I threw my bag somewhere in the hall as I quickly took off my shoes to go get changed in the downstairs toilet. It would take too long to get changed upstairs so before I left for school I left my clothes for work in the toilet downstairs to save as much time as possible.

After getting quickly changed I didn't wait any longer to leave the house in hopes I won't be late. Walking inside the building the scent of freshly brewed coffee strikes my senses as I greet my co-workers. They all smile at me politely as I took my place behind the counter. "You're earlier than usual but still a bit late." One of my co-workers - Seokjin, said. He was a nice, caring guy who worked here to save up for his own house to move in with his girlfriend.

I forced a smile, worrying that (even though I wasn't that much late) my boss would get annoyed with me once again. "Maybe he won't realise.." I mumbled making sure everything's in place.

"Let's hope so." I heard another co-worker walk up to me. "How was your day, Kookie?" She asked smiling brightly at me.

"It was good, thanks Hyuna." I replied. Just then a customer walked up to the counter. I took thier order and quickly passed on the note to Seokjin and then Hyuna.

Hyuna was a good friend of mine who actually got me the job here. The boss was going to turn me down but Hyuna managed to convince the old guy to hire me as (apparently) the worker before me had rumours going around him that he talks wierdly to female customers. I might not know too much about her but I'm still very thankful to have her as a friend and that she managed to get me this job.

When I finally got ten minutes of break I got myself some coffee and sat outside at the back exit to take some time to myself. I still need to make a plan of action of how to approach Jimin in a way it won't seem wierd or negative. I have seen the way that guy reacts to someone approaching him to just make fun of him or girls aproaching him to flirt with him. I need to do a somewhat of a background check on him to know how to approach.

"Aren't you cold?" I heard Hyuna ask from behind me. She had her coat on and in her hand she held a cup with either tea or coffee. I shook my head.

"Not really." I answered honestly, taking a sip from my own drink as the girl sat down next to me.

"What are you thinking about?" She questioned me, nudging me a little. She was the type of person who preffered to see people smiling rather than being serious or upset, so I'm assuming this is her way of trying to cheer me up.

"Not much, I got another dare to do but I don't know how to approach to it." I explained shrugging my shoulders, staring off into the street lights.

"How bad is it this time? Have they finally went over board?" The petite girl asked looking at me as she talked.

"Maybe? I don't know.. I just really need the money.. I'm already running late with rent so that five hundred dollars they're willing to give me will really help." Hyuna was the only one who somewhat knew my situation, she always wanted to help but I declined her money. It would only add on to the money I'd have to pay back.. even though she said she doesn't need it back I wouldn't feel okay with it and would try to give it back one way or another.

"Jungkook.. you know I will help you if you need it. I know you don't want me to give you money but.. But maybe instead I could treat you to lunch or do your shopping so you'll save up a little money." I could tell that she was determined to try and help me. I appreciate that but I still couldn't accept her help.

Just as I was to answer her I heard Seokjin call for me. It looks like my break is over. I finished drinking and then threw the paper cup in the trash before getting up to go back. "Thanks but I should get back to work." I said as I walked back inside and stood behind the counter where someone was already waiting. "Excuse me for the wait, what would you like to order?" I looked up after tying the apron around my waist, only to be met with the guy who was on my mind; Park Jimin.

"One double wipped cream hot chocolate please.." He said already getting out the money from his wallet. This was my chance to make small talk and maybe give him a good impression.

"Of course, 5,000 won please." Jimin handed me the money and now I had a couple minutes to talk to him a little as he waits for his drink. "Park Jimin right?" I asked pretending like I wasn't sure who he was.

"Yes, but who are you?"

_______________________________________________

Will Jungkook be able to leave a good impression on Jimin? Or is Jimin going to think he's trying to fool him like others in school?

Why is Jungkook struggling to much? And why is Jimin so untrusting of people?

Well I know why, but you don't so if you want to find out you'll have to wait to see 😉😅

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

-River☆