Chapter 8 || Apple

|Jimin's POV|

After Jungkook had left my house, I had no intention of leaving my room, I had to finish up a couple of my homeworks so that kept me busy, but the second I heard my door open I already knew that my brother would want something.

"We ran out of ice tea." He said standing in the door frame, holding the door knob.

"Why would you want to drink ice tea when it's freezing?" I questioned turning to look at the latter. He shrugged his shoulders.

"If you go buy some for me I won't bother you for a whole week."

"Two weeks and I'll consider it."

"Deal!" Jihyun exclaimed nodding while at it before leaving the room, closing the door rather loudly behind him. I sighed deciding to finish off this one homework before heading out to the convenience store.

As I left the house I instantly felt the fresh, chilling air slap me in the face making my cheeks blush due to the cold. I shivered hiding my face in the redish-green scarf and putting my hands inside my puffy coat. I speed walked down the street where the store was, before walking in I double checked if I still had the money and after reassurance I walked in, without looking around too much, not even noticing the cashier welcoming me.

Going to the back of the store where the refrigerators with drinks are, I skimmed the shelves to find ice tea. I grabbed five bottles and with my hands full, I went to the counter. Only then I realised that the cashier was Jeon Jungkook, but I didn't look at him, nor did I say anything unnecessary.

"Would you like anything else?" He questioned, sticking to the usual cashier talk, which in a way, surprised me that he didn't try to make small talk with me. Maybe he got the hint.

"No, thank you." I replied quickly, taking out my wallet. So was this the thing he had planned which made him basically run out of my house?

Jungkook nodded taking out a plastic bag to pack the ice tea I was about to pay for. "That would be 9,000₩" He said and without another word I payed for the drinks, leaving the store afterwards. "Have a good night.." I heard Jungkook mumble as I was on my way out.

~*~

As per usual I woke up extra early on a Monday morning to make lunch for myself and my brother. Aunt had a night shift so this is the only morning she's not able to make lunch, I didn't mind that; waking up early is supposedly healthier. I made simple cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches and packed them in lunch boxes. Afterwards I packed my bag then got ready to leave.

I wanted to grab my morning coffee and a cinnamon roll, so I headed to the nearest café to the school that also happened to be on my way to and from school. In the café I was greeted with the same workers as usual who work there in the morning. Without much wait, my order was complete and I paid before leaving with my face glued to the phone, tracking the time. I realised that I only had about twenty five minutes until classes were supposed begin; I wasn't far away from school so I didn't need to rush. On my way there though, I couldn't help but hear someone argue, or rather shout at another person. Looking in the direction of the noise I saw a small boutique from which a young guy was being thrown out of. "How dare you come and beg me for a job when you don't even show up in time and always have to leave early! Don't ever show up again!" It was a woman in her early forty's who - after shouting at the poor guy - slammed the shops door in front of his face. 

Taking a closer look at the guy I could swear I recognised him, only when he turned around, frustration written all over his face, I realised it was Jungkook. Doesn't he already have two jobs? Why did he have another one, especially if he can't keep it.. We briefly exchanged glances but I had no intentions of talking to him nor having to listen to him, so instead I turned on my heel and walked to school. It didn't seem like he was going to follow me which obviously made things for me easier but there was something that just kept on bothering me about what I saw mere minutes ago.

At break I sat in the cafeteria, skimming through my homework while eating a perfectly deep red apple. I blocked out all the noise coming from various friendship groups, focusing solely on what I was doing; I am a perfectionist wether it's a good thing or not. Having a last bite of the apple I got up to walk to the trash can to throw the leftover away, but it seemed like that wasn't a good choice as whoever was passing me at the time, decided to trip me up making me fall on the floor and causing a scene for everyone to see.

I didn't even bother looking up as I mentally hissed in pain, I already knew most people were laughing and looking at what happened. After all; it's not the first time. The person didn't even bother pretending to make it sound like an accident as he walked away with his friends. I sighed wanting to get up and get away from this place as fast as possible. "Are you okay?" I looked up meeting with chocolate brown eyes of Jeon Jungkook who didn't hide his concern. He reached out his hand offering help, I furrowed my eyebrows getting up without his help and murmuring a simple 'yeah'. I picked up the apple and this time, threw it successfully in to the trash. "You sure?" Jungkook followed behind me like a puppy while I packed up my books to leave the cafeteria.

"Yes, I'm sure, so you can go away now." I tried to sound as unpleasant as I could just to make him leave me alone but in an imperfect world like this, nothing ever goes your way.

"I don't think you're fine, you don't look like it."

"Fine. Then I'm not, can you leave me now?" I questioned as he followed me out of the large area, all the way to the school field where I was headed to a bench under a tree.

"No." He said, I turned around, showing my irritation but he just smiled like a child and said: "I promise to not say a word." I sighed in defeat and so, we say down on a bench. I took out my headphones and plugged them into my phone.

As I listened to music in silence I felt something heavy suddenly fall on my right shoulder. I turned slightly to see Jungkook asleep. I rolled my eyes annoyed but decided to not wake him up. As much as I didn't tolerate the guy, he did keep his promise not to talk to me.

_______________________________________________________________

This is a kinda boring chapter in my opinion, but everything needs a build up, right?

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

-River♡