Chapter 26 || Owns Fate Pt. 1

|Jungkook's POV|

Jimin didn't come to school today, nor was he replying to my texts or calls. What a way to let me know something's up.. I barely could focus on school work because all I had on my mind was what could be wrong with Jimin. Is he sick to the point he can't even answer his phone? Did he stay up all night again and just didn't wake up? So many possibilities but how could I know which one is the correct one!

The second school finished I didn't hesitate to instantly make my way to the guy's house to interrogate him. Pressing the doorbell I diligently waited until Jimin's aunt opened the door. "Jungook, what a surprise, today isn't your tutoring day.." she said not hiding her surprise in me suddenly showing up without an invite. "Sorry.. I was just wondering if Jimin's around? He didn't show up to school today.." that topic seemed to visibly put Mrs. Park at a loss for words. "Well.. he's not home at the moment.." was her reply. She was avoiding eye contact which to me was quite obviously because she didn't want to tell me something. "Uh.. do you know when he'll be back?" I continued to try and find out anything about when I could speak to Jimin but it seemed like it's gonna be a bit harder than that. "Not sure.. to be honest he might not even come back for the night again.."

"Again?" I raised my eyebrow. Mrs. Park visibly held back her words, wondering if she should say anything or not. "It's not often he does that it's just today.." she trailed off still holding back the issue at hand. I sigh in defeat giving up trying to somehow get the answer sneakily "Mrs. Park, please.. can you tell me where I can find him?" I begged hoping the woman would finally break down the stone wall and tell me the whereabouts of Jimin, thankfully it seemed like it worked. Apparently Jimin was headed to a graveyard, of course that meant that someone must've passed on this day.. someone definitely close to Jimin but not necessarily his family considering his aunt is still home. Whatever the situation was, it was enough for him to skip a whole day which is definitely not like him.

Without much wait I thanked the lady and instantly navigated my way to the graveyard hoping I'd find the dark-haired boy. The only problem remaining was not knowing where exactly I should go in that graveyard.. not knowing how much time I have before Jimin leaves the plot nor did I have any guarantee if he was here or not I didn't waste any time by standing still and resumed searching the graveyard hoping I'd eventually catch a glimpse of the guy and - to my luck - after turning a corner I saw him standing in front of a grave, head down, a singular white orchid clenched in his palm. I gulped feeling instant adrenaline rush, not knowing how to approach him, I was about twenty meters away but he didn't even notice when I slowly walked up to him until I gently placed a hand on his shoulder. As if my touch brung him back to reality the guy raised his head and slightly turned to face me, "Jungkook..? What are you.."

"Your aunt eventually gave away where you are" I answered before he could finish. I couldn't help but take a look at the embodied letters on the stone, 'Kim Seokjin', normally I'd assume this could be a far relative of Jimin's but then that doesn't explain why Mrs. Park and Jihyun aren't here so.. this must've been someone close to Jimin's heart.. "Oh.. I see.." Jimin muttered turning back to mindlessly staring at the gravestone, "so.. did you need something?"

"I was worried. You wouldn't pick up your phone nor did you show up to school.. naturally I'd be worried" I replied as honestly as I could. Jimin smirked sourly before abruptly bursting into tears. Caught by surprise by this sudden outburst I didn't know how to react at first but I quickly gathered myself and pulled the guy in for a hug. At first it felt like he was about to pull away but gave up and eventually just quietly sobbed in my arms..

After a while I finally managed to convince Jimin we should go somewhere else, he'd only continue to sulk if we stayed here and I thought I should try to cheer him up a little if that was at all possible. We went to a nearby convince store and sat outside, I went in to get us some instant noodles and banana milk. I wasn't sure which favour noodles Jimin would prefer so I went with the safe option; kimchi ramen noodles. Walking back outside and somehow managing to carry both cup noodles and banana milk without dropping one, I placed one in front of the guy and also handing him banana milk before placing my own ones across from him. "Thanks.." Jimin murmured getting ready to dig in which I did the exact same. We ate in silence although I could only guess what's going through Jimin's head, I think this is the first time I really noticed how little I actually know about him, even though I was dying to find out who is it that he's hurting so much after I knew that prying it out won't do any good. I sigh not daring to say a word, sipping on my banana milk.

After we both finished our ramen we started walking around the town, by now the sun has gone down and the street lights led us on our way. Every now and then I'd glance at Jimin to try and read his expression but I haven't seen it change once since I found him at the graveyard. I quietly suggested we head home, of course I wanted to walk him home to make sure he actually gets there. Jimin didn't seem to have anything against my request which I assume half of the reasoning is because he knows I have to get home since Mrs. Park mentioned before that she doubted he'd come home at all.. We stopped at a crossing, even though the roads weren't busy at all, this was still the main road so it was better not to test fate. The only sound that cut through the silence between me and Jimin was the wind dancing between the tree leaves and car engines in the far distance, meanwhile all I had on my mind was the situation Jimin has found himself in.. the situation I got myself involved in and how could I possibly get him to feel less.. hurt..

The second my ears picked up on the beeping of the green light I didn't think twice before going to cross the road. With Jimin following slightly behind me I focused on the destination I was trying to get to, that is before I got snapped into reality by Jimins afraid cry out. Only then did I notice a pair of blinding lights heading straight towards me. Too stunned to do anything it almost felt like I've accepted my fate right there and then.. Well.. Maybe accepting it wasn't that bad of a choice after all?..

It's not like I had much to loose...

___________________________________________________________________