Chapter 28 || Owns Fate Pt. 3

|Jimin's POV|

"Why are you so nice to me?.. Why are you still by my side, after all the things I've done and said to you.. I just don't get it.." I questioned, having mixed emotions about Jungkook. On one hand I was grateful and geniuenly happy I've met him but on the other I was scared and confused.. he approached me all of a sudden and tried so hard to befriend me but why? Why now?

"I.. I like you.."

.
.
.
.

What?..

"More than a friend.. I like you.. in a romantic way.."

"What are you saying?" My voice quivered, what does he mean he likes me? "Is this another one of your dumb jokes? Because if it is it's-"

"I'm serious." He said in the calmest tone I ever heard coming from him. I had no idea how to react or say I just sat there, staring into his uncertain eyes..

Was it seconds or minutes passing? I couldn't tell.. I couldn't say anything either it felt like whatever I said now would change our relationship forever and.. in all honesty I was so afraid of that...

"You know what, forget what I just said.." Jungkook suddenly broke the eye contact turning around and went for the door, clearly wanting to escape the situation but I couldn't let him just leave like that, I didn't want him to leave so without even thinking I stood up catching him mid leaving the room by grabbing his arm. I felt Jungkook stiffen up as he slowly turned his head to look at me. "Wait.." I murmured making Jungkook fully turn around. Feeling nervous it became hard for me to stay still, I felt my hands sweating and I couldn't keep eye contact. What was I actually planning to do? I really should've thought this through.. I let go of the guy suddenly wanting to retreat, this was dumb of me to do anyway.. "You think you can get away now?" He said in almost inaudible tone before he grabbed me by the upper arm and turn me around, we stared into each others eyes for a brief moment before Jungkooks gaze travelled down and the next thing I know he leans in, closing the small gap between us.

It all happened so fast but in the moment it felt like forever, what am I feeling right now? Why aren't I pulling away? Why am I.. kissing him back? I couldn't even tell when I grabbed his shirt to pull him closer before we slowly guided each other towards the bed. That's when Jungkook suddenly jumped away from me. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that.. I-"

"It's okay.." I cut him off sitting back down on the bed, I was thanking God that it was night and Jungkook could not see how red I was, then again I wouldn't be surprised if I was glowing from it.. "I liked it.." I added bashfully. It seemed like Jungkook was taking some time to collect his thoughts before he said anything which is why I decided to take the initiative; "you don't need to say anything, we should probably just sleep now.. we've got another day of school ahead of us tomorrow.. let's not think about this too much" I said getting myself comfortable in bed. Jungkook nodded and also got into his bedding. From that point on, silence fell upon us with all the feelings still lingering in the air, I layed on my side facing the wall unable to close my eyes. Up until now I didn't notice how strong Jungkook's scent was on his bed, in fact because of it I couldn't sleep, it kept picturing the idea of me and him kissing just a few minutes ago each time I attempt to close my eyes. I wanted to turn and look at Jungkook but for some reason I was scared to as if, if caught it'd be the end of the world. Counting in silence I decided to turn around on 5 to take a peek at Jungkook. I felt somewhat disappointed that he also was not facing me but at the same time it allowed me to look at him endlessly without fearing he might wake up.

It's so weird seeing him from the back like this.. it's like you know he's right there, peacefully sleeping but at the same time it's like he isn't, you can't know what he's feeling or even guess because his face is out of view, there's little to no movement.. almost as if he was just a figment of my imagination, a statue beautifully still.. I took a deep breath in and out before turning back around and finally drift off to sleep..

I woke up to the sound of an alarm going off, it wasn't hard to guess that it was Jungkook's. I guess he wasn't a morning person. Opening my eyes I reached for my phone to check the time and nearly choked on air when I realised it was five thirty am. In shock I turned to look at Jungkook who was still sound asleep on the bed roll, "how the fuck..?" I whispered to myself before getting out of bed to try and wake the guy up. Tiptoeing my way around I kneeled down next to him and gently shook his shoulder, "Jungkook" I repeated a couple times but to no avail. Sighing quietly I was about to get up before I felt Jungkook's grip on my wrist gently pulling me in. I froze not knowing how to react in the current situation, flashes of last night clouded my mind making me flush red in an instant. How do I get out of this? I asked myself unable to tear my eyes away from Jungkook, that's when he slightly opened his eyes meeting mine and so, his grip tightens and with a single jolt he pulls me in and hugs me tight like a teddy bear, "Jungkook?.." I said in almost a whisper, tilting my head up to try and meet Jungkooks gaze but his eyes were closed, "Jungkook come on, this isn't the time, your alarms keep going off.." I whisper shout trying to pull myself away but his grip only tightened.

"Five more minutes.." He grumbled snuggling up even closer. At this point I was convinced he could feel the vibrations of my heart pounding against its ribcage. What is he even thinking?! " 'Five more minutes' my ass.. Get up!" I said this time slightly more annoyed. Jungkook groaned finally releasing me from his grip and rolling onto his back. Without a sound I got up giving Jungkook a unimpressed side eye as he tilted his head to look at me.

"You're no fun.." He mumbled before covering himself with the duvet and turning his back to me. I sigh loudly getting annoyed by the guy's childlike behaviour as I lightly kicked his back to convince him to get up; "Get up!" I moan like a child matching his behaviour. After what seems like forever Jungkook finally got up, glaring at me as if I just ruined his whole day, "stop glaring, you're not a child.." I grumbled. After telling the guy I plan on making some breakfast I once again told him to get up and if he was not to I'd throw a bucket of cold water on him.

After quite a rough morning me and Jungkook eventually left his house and went on our way to school. As we walked I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out to check the callers id although I already knew who was calling me. I stared at the screen in silence making Jungkook peer over my shoulder curiously, "You should probably pick it up, she's definitely worried about you" Jungkook mentioned and even though I knew he was right I really didn't feel like explaining myself right now. "I know.." I sigh, "but I don't think I should ruin my mood for the day, I need to focus on my studies.." I said giving the first excuse I could come up with as to why I won't talk to my aunt. I'd rather deal with it at home than now..

_________________________________________________________________

-River♡

-Note:

So I had this in my drafts and I forgot I actually finished the chapter LOL