Chapter 31 || Coming Out

|Jungkook's POV|

That night, when I eventually got home after work I fell onto my bed with nothing but contradictory thoughts in my head.

What I was feeling was way too much for me to handle.. I mean.. I confessed to Jimin but does that make me gay? Well obviously but for the longest time of my life I was convinced I was straight.. I've been attracted to women up until this point.. Maybe I'm bi then? But I haven't felt attracted to any girls for months now.. Maybe they're just not my type? I don't want to be gay.. no.. I shouldn't be gay.. not in this society..

I turned on my side hoping that by turning around would also mean turning away from my thoughts and shutting them up, of course I knew that's not how it worked but I wished it did..

Well.. then at what point did I disregard the bet and just continued the relationship solely for Jimin? Am I still hanging on just because of the bet? No.. I'm money hungry but not to that point.. I shouldn't have agreed to that bet in the first place.. it's not moral..

Eventually I managed to drift off to sleep with my thoughts arguing with each other as my body and mind fell asleep. I dreamt of Jimin that night; we were together in bed but it wasn't exactly a wet dream, well it was but not just simply for the erotic pleasure, it felt somehow romantic in a way? Well.. it didn't matter much in the end.. it was nothing but a dream. I forced myself to get up in the morning, get dressed and head for school. I skipped breakfast, I didn't feel like it. Surprisingly after making it to the main street I noticed Jimin standing at the lights but he wasn't waiting to cross the street, he was waiting.. for me.. I took a second to process the situation as I walked towards the guy who soon noticed and also walked towards me. "Good morning" he said with a gentle smile on his face. My heart skipped a beat. "Morning..." I mumbled as we begun walking to school. "How was work last night?" he asked slightly catching me off guard, usually I'd be the one asking questions but suddenly he is. "Uhm.. good? Work like always" I answered without much thought, "did you sleep well?" I asked, Jimin nodded and just like that the conversation died down. We walked for another ten minutes before arriving in front of the school gates, that's when I noticed Taehyung standing leaned up against one of the gate's pillars. Once he noticed me approaching he stood up straight and waited for us to walk up to him "Hey" I said not knowing what else would be more appropriate. "Hey" he simply replied his eyes switching from me to Jimin who excused himself by bowing, "I didn't know you guys walk together to school now.." he pointed out following Jimin in with his eyes. "Yeah.. well, it just kinda happened that way" I answered scratching the back of my neck. We were standing quite close to each other but there was a clear drift between us as if we were not standing right in front of each other at all.

"Jungkook, listen, I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have attacked you like that.. it's just a stupid bet and your sexuality is really none of my business.. so I'm sorry about that" he explained apologetically and I couldn't help but forgive him right then and there, I smiled and brung the guy in for a hug. I could tell he was going through something so a little affection wouldn't hurt "it's alright man, I know you mean no harm and whatever it is you're struggling with, I am here" I said patting him lightly on the back, he barely returned the hug before pulling away and sighing. "Thanks.. I gotta go find Hoseok and apologise to him too, I may not have attacked him but I did push him away as well.." he sulked feeling shame in his actions last night. "Well if we're talking about the same Hoseok then he probably has forgotten about it already" I chuckled. I nudged Tae to signal we should head in which he complied with.

At lunch me and the guys chose to hang out behind the school near one of the many trees. It was a nice sunny weather, it'd be a shame to sit out on it. We played some football until we eventually grew bored and just sat down on the silky grass. Taehyung and Hoseok were chatting away about some game meanwhile I was once again battling with my thoughts which seemed to alert the two at some point as eventually their focus turned on me. "You good Jungkook?" Taehyung asked lightly hitting me with his elbow to snap me back to reality. "Yeah, yeah.. I just.. I uh.." seeing how troubled I was Hoseok came up and patted me on the shoulder. "It's alright dude, you can tell us" his affirmation is all I really needed for what I was about to say; "I think I may be gay.."