Chapter 9 || Something in Common

|Jimin's POV|

"Do you really have to leave?" Jihyun whined as both me and him watched our beloved aunt check if she has all her belongings.

"I'm only leaving for the weekend. It's an important business trip, Jimin will take good care of you." She said repeating herself once again, since Jihyun (as always) seemed to have an issue with staying home with me.

"Yes, but the issue is that he'll take too good care of me! He barely even let's me leave the house!"

"Yeah, that's only cause you think that I don't realise that by going on a walk at 9PM you actually are going to some stupid house party.." I fought back, crossing my arms while aunt - not paying much attention - was ready to leave.

"Alright well, I better get going or I'll be late again. Take care you two, and no stupid incidents." Without further ado aunt left the house leaving a dead silence behind herself.

Jihyun almost immediately turned on his heel to go up to his room before I grabbed him by the wrist to stop him. He looked at me confused. "Jungkook is coming over again in about an hour or two so I would ask of you not to play your cringy country music out loud." I said smiling sheepishly while the younger rolled his eyes at me.

"My god.. first of all, it's not country music it's ballads, second of all, this is like the fidthteenth time he's coming over, why don't you ever go to his house for a fricking change?" Jihyun questioned, visibly agitated as he pulled his wrist away to cross his arms as if to validify his point.

I sighed dropping my arms to my sides. "You know it's all for a school project. I'm not friends with him." I explained for the hundredth time but it seemed like this kid would never get it. Why is everyone so hung up for me to get a friend?

"It doesn't matter, you can work on it at his house too. He's not homeless after all.." Was all Jihyun said, ending the conversation and turning back around and walking up the stairs, I - on the other hand - realised that what my brother just said is true. We could work on it at his house.. Deciding that I'll talk to Jungkook about it when he arrives I head to the kitchen to clean up the dishes after dinner. It wasn't as much as usual as weirdly we have leftovers that I covered with foil and put in the fridge. There hasn't been a time where any of us (Jihyun, aunt and myself) threw away food, unless it has gone off date, every piece of food counts.

About half an hour later I heard someone knocking on the door. I didn't have to think to know who it was, since realistically it only could and should be Jungkook. I got up from the couch in the living room and headed towards the door that I soon opened. "You know I have a door bell right?" I asked raising an eyebrow at Jungkook who was showing off his pure white teeth as if to say he's happy to see me. Deciding to ignore that I shuffled aside to let the latter in and shortly after close the door behind him.

"Well I'm just a little bit extra, there's nothing wrong with that, right?" He said carelessly yet, for a split of a second I thought I saw him blush in embarrassment, but didn't think much of it and just guided him up the stairs to my room (although he knew where my room was). We both sat down at my table and got out our project that was about fifty percent done, without much talking - even though Jungkook tried - we both worked hard until my phone started ringing. Of course I expected it to be aunt so without looking at the screen I picked up. She was just checking up on me and Jihyun but when I ended the call I realised that Jungkook was staring at me as if in awe.

"What? I just picked up the phone.." I said feeling weirded out which made me shuffle away a little but Jungkook instantly shuffled closer.

This is getting really wierd...

"You like Ateez as well?" He asked looking at me as if I had a piece of candy and he was a child who really wanted some, but when I realised that it was all because of my ringtone I didn't feel as weirded out as before.

"Yeah.. they're kind of the only thing I listen to.." I said putting my phone aside and relaxing a bit. Jungkook eyes seemed to lit up even more than before which is an accomplishment on it's own.

"Woah.. What songs do you like most? My favorite is Twilight, it's just so nice to listen to and the lyrics are perfect too."

"Oh my god, I love that song too!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah!" I nodded and only then I realised how quickly I let my guard down and somehow ended up smiling with Jungkook who must've felt thrilled to see me show some kind of emotion like this but even though he's smiling there's a mysterious glint in his eyes that made me shiver.

This feels odd.

My smile faded and I cleared my throat turning to the table once again as if nothing happened. "Oh come on! Don't go back to being all 'emo' like... we actually have something in common, let's talk about ourselves more!" Jungkook pleaded but I remained uninterested.

"I don't talk about myself." I stated plainly. Jungkook crossed his arms.

"Well you kind of already did about a minute ago." He argued.

"Jungkook- Can we just please do the work? I'm not friends with you nor do I want to be. Friends suck. I don't need them!"

"Lies. Everyone needs someone in their life, humans are social beings." Jungkook continued showing that he's not backing down but I wasn't about to do that either.

"Well I have my brother and aunt. So I'm not alone."

"For fucks sake, Jimin! Why do you always make things so difficult?!"

"Because I refuse to lose someone important once again!"

I blew up..

_____________________________________________________________

Lockdown is really starting to rub off on me. I'm tired of doing one and the same thing, I hope COVID19 sucks a dick and fucks off soon cuz I'm bout to go more insane than I already have. And that's not healthy..

Anygays,

Hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

-River♡