Chapter 29 || Escape

|Jimin's POV|

Classes started about half an hour ago or so but I felt like I've been stuck here for hours now, my mind couldn't focus on the lecture and my hands kept sweating whilst tapping against the notebook with my pencil. Eventually I felt something hit the back of my head, I turned and a student angrily gestured at me to stop fidgeting, I apologise silently and turn back around. I give out an exhausted sigh as quietly as I can trying to figure out my thoughts. How do I exactly behave with Jungkook now? Do I just pretend nothing happened and go back to being just friends? Am I okay with being just friends?

No

But.. I think it'll be for the best..

I turn around to peek at Jungkook whom I find already looking at me, I lower my gaze and eventually turn back around. It's nothing new but it's as if now after what happened it's different. His eyes feel different..

The second the lunch bell fills the empty halls I get up grabbing my stuff still trying to work out my plan of action. Just as I turn to look if Jungkook has gathered his stuff I find him already walking up to me with his unchanging smile. "Ready to get lunch?" He asks, I give a shy smile before answering; "I'm not getting lunch today so I won't be going to the lunch hall.." Jungkooks smile quivers for a second but remains still as he just nods without a word. We stand in silence for a second until I spoke up again, "Well then.. I'll see you after lunch" I say as I turn on my heel. As I begin to walk away I hear Jungkook softly say 'sure'.

I walk aimlessly through the hallways on the 4th floor so naturally there's no one around which was perfect. I don't do well in crowds plus I'm not the most liked in my year so either way it's a win-win for me. I'm brung to a halt when in the corner of my eye I notice a familiar figure from outside the window. Automatically I turn to look closer, noticing how two of his friends are also with him. They seem to be in such a good mood, I can't lie, I felt envious.. but I couldn't complain, a lot of the reasons why I'm an outsider is my own fault or choice. I sigh as I keep my gaze glued to Jungkook. No thoughts, no movement.. just focused on Jungkook who looked so happy and comfortable, I wondered if he ever feels like that with me around.

It didn't take long for one of them to realise I was staring, one of them pointed right where I was and I knew I'd better back off to avoid any more embarrassment. After all there's no way Jungkook is not gonna mention this later.. I took a couple steps back, averting my gaze. I decided to head back to class, I had quite a bit of lunch time left but it didn't matter since most students are probably spending their lunch in class anyways.

Feeling like a child who accidentally broke their mums favorite china set I hurriedly sat down at my desk and tried my best to look as busy as possible in hopes that when Jungkook comes in he won't bother me. Of course I couldn't be more wrong, the second Jungkook walked through the door he immediately made his way towards me. Pulling the chair around from the desk in front of me he was now sat in front of me. He rested his head on his crossed arms that he comfortably put on my desk conveniently covering my textbooks. I had little to no escape from his piercing gaze that seemed innocent paired with his smile but I know that all it was doing was saying ' I saw you '. He didn't say a single word but I felt like the silence was worse.. "Jesus Christ fine! What do you want?" I ended up cracking and breaking the silence. Jungkook rose up now resting his cheek on the palm of his hand, tilting his head to the side. "What do you mean? Am I not allowed to look at you?" He replied innocently. I had no idea how to counter that remark so I plainly said: "Huh?.." Jungkook sat up, crossing his arms as he rested against the back of the chair. "Well I don't think this is very fair, you get to stare at me but I don't?" There it was.. he just couldn't leave it alone, could he? I cleared my throat feeling the palms of my hands get sweaty. "Am I not allowed to observe my friend having fun?"

"No, I never said that. I simply am also observing my friend who is studying." He bounced back the sentence just simply replacing the events which left me little space to argue. "Well it's distracting so go away.." I muttered as I tried to go back to pretending to be studying. Just as Jungkook was about to argue back the school bell echoed throughout the building instantly saving me from Jungkooks further discussion. With a grimace on his face he got up and walked back to his desk. I breathe out, feeling like a stone was lifted from my chest. Although Jungkook was no longer in front of my face blatantly staring at me, I could now feel his gaze focused on the back of me from behind. It was less distracting but it was always there nonetheless.

The second school ended I tried my best to leave unnoticed by Jungkook but somehow he still managed to catch up to me. I heard him yell after me from afar but I pretended not to hear and speed up the pace I walked in but his voice only became clearer and louder until eventually I felt him pull me by my back to halt me. Within seconds Jungkooks arm was around my shoulder, I looked up questioningly but it just looked like we were mirroring each other. "Dude, what has been up with you today?" He asked. I could sense the irritation in his voice and I struggled with coming up with an answer, "What do you mean?" I tired playing dumb but it only aggravated him more. I'm screwed.. "Don't play dumb, do you think I really wouldn't notice?" He asked as he let me go and instead positioned himself in front of me. "N-Notice what?.." I continued trying to figure out a way how to escape from this situation. 

"Oh I don't know, maybe how you avoided talking to me this whole day?" 

He begun taking small confident steps towards me and I unconsciously took steps back as he spoke. 

"How you avoided my presence?"

Without realising we walked into some kind of alleyway.

"How you avoided my gaze?"

Within seconds I was pinned against the wall with no escape. I kept my eyes on my shoes.

"My touch.."

His warm hand wrapped around my chin as he raised it to force me to look at him.

________________________________________________________________________________

-River♥