Chapter 25 || The Day

|Jimin's POV|

After getting home that evening I couldn't sleep. What the hell did actually happen back there? I couldn't comprehend any of it but the most puzzling part is the second we got up again to walk home Jungkoom suddenly was his old self, as if nothing ever happened. I closed my eyes trying to sleep but my mind kept wandering back to Jungkook and every little detail about his face.. I bite on my lip unconscious of my own actions as my mind replays the events from just a couple hours ago until I fell asleep.

The following morning I barely make it out of my room before I hear some commotion going on in the kitchen. I don't think much of it since I was still half asleep and my priority was to go to the toilet but as soon as I was done with my business I made my way to the kitchen to grab something to eat and drink. That's when I'm met with no other but Jungkooks warm pupils looking up right at me from the kitchen table, whilst I'm stood in nothing but some oversized tee with briefs on. "Morning honey, had a good night's sleep?" My aunt asked but I didn't even register that in my brain as all my body heat rose up to my cheeks.. "Now that I think about it, it's very cold and I'm going back to bed" I said and without much more thought I swiftly turned on my heel and ran back to my room. For whatever reason him seeing me after barely waking up made me feel very embarrassed and self conscious, what if my hair was all sticking up? 

Closing the door behind me I take a second to take everything in. What am I actually doing right now? I need to get a grip because at this rate I'll just dig myself a hidden basement and live rent free as a mole rat.. well maybe not to that extent.. I decided to shake all those thoughts off and focus on existing as a human being; getting dressed and eating breakfast. Walking up to  my closet I pick whatever lands in my hand first to put on, quickly combing my hair and then finally heading back to the kitchen. I fully prepared myself to face any kind of questions as to my weird act of running back to my room before I decided to turn the corner to my kitchen but before I could take a step further Jungkook came out in front of me, I instantly stopped in my tracks as to not bump into him."Oh.. Afternoon Jimin" He said also stopping in his tracks. "Hey, you're leaving already?" I asked noticing how he's making his way over to the front door with his backpack, "Wait.. did you say afternoon? What time is it right now?" Suddenly I felt like time itself didn't exist, I could've sworn it's late morning or at least it feels like it. "It's past one now, did you not realise you slept in?" He asked in disbelief but I already knew that he's trying not to laugh right about now. "I had a late night okay?" I sighed rubbing my eyes. Jungkook chuckled under his breath, "Alright, alright.. I'll let you off this time" he replied with a smug smile to which I rolled my eyes pushing him towards the front door. "Just get out already" I grumbled as I watched the playful guy leave, waving each other goodbye I close the door behind him before returning to my everyday routine.

The day passed by seemingly fast, I was quite busy preparing for the mid-terms so I really didn't keep track of the time, that was until I heard a knock on my door and soon forth came my aunt. "Studying hard?" She asked even though she already knew the answer, I nodded as she walked up to my desk, "so.. I'm sure you're already aware but that day is coming up, are you planning on staying off school for it?"

Ah.. I knew something was coming.. today was too peaceful..

I looked away for a brief moment taking a glance at the date on my laptop, "hard to say, but.. probably.." I replied fiddling with my pencil. My aunt nodded and without another word she left my room leaving me to my own thoughts.. I honestly almost forgot, how inconsiderate of me. Once again I only disappoint myself, I've gotten too comfortable and now guilt is starting to kick in.

I sigh putting my pencil down and deciding to head in for the night.. I've gotta go visit the graveyard tomorrow, I need all the sleep I can get..

__________________________________________________________________

A shorter chapt.