Outfit

Stiles swore as he burned his tongue on his coffee, not for the first time today. He set it down on his office desk just as Derek Hale walked by.

Stiles rolled his eyes as his boss passed by his desk, and awaited the call of his name.

"One, two, three, four-"

"Stiles."

"There it is," Stiles sighed as he grabbed his notebook and pen and made his way through the door that separated his office from Derek's. He always found the door pointless as it was glass as was the entire wall separating they're offices.

"My outfit for the dinner hasn't been delivered, why?" Derek demanded before Stiles had stepped fully into the room. His arms were crossed over his chest and he was leaned back in his desk chair.

"Well seeing as how I'm not in charge of the fashion department, you might want to ask them," Stiles responded.

Derek glared at Stiles, who remained unaffected.

"Why don't you ask them?" Derek growled.

"Sure, let me just add it to the list of everything else I have to do today," Stiles huffed, as he scribbled a reminder on his notepad.

"You'd probably get more done if you didn't spend fifteen minutes writing everything down," Derek quipped.

Stiles' jaw clenched. They always did this. Stiles knew he had an attitude and for some reason Derek didn't fire him. They would snap snide remarks at one another until one of them got tired.

"I'm so sorry my method displeases you. Will there be anything else?" Stiles plastered on a fake smile as he looked up from his notebook.

"Tell Danny that I want a copy of his progress for the new piece by the end of the day."

"Already talked to him about it, he'll have it to you by lunch."

Derek raised a brow but moved on, "Confirm my meeting with Malia for-"

"Three o'clock. Already done."

Derek's jaw clenched, "Would you like to tell me what else you've done so I can stop wasting both of our times."

"Jeremy, Theo and Haley want your final opinion on their selections. They're getting that to me in the next hour. Isaac wasn't able to get Isabell or Jace for the photoshoot next Thursday and wants to know if you want him to find someone else or push the shoot to another day. And I left you a note from Mr. Salvatore about the awards dinner tomorrow night," Stiles rattled off.

Derek sat up and instantly started sifting through the scattered paperwork on his desk. "Tell Isaac to reschedule. I want them for this shoot. What did Mr. Salvatore say?" he snapped when he couldn't find the note.

Stiles walked over and gently snatched the sticky note from the front of Derek's computer screen before handing it to him.

Derek's jaw clenched again as he snatched it from Stiles.

"He has a project idea he wants to talk to you about tomorrow night," Stiles responded, a smug smile on his face.

"You're coming with me then. Tell Bonnie or Caroline that you need an outfit that matches mine but not exactly."

"What? Why am I going?" Stiles lost all his cool. He hated going to events like this, it's why he was happy to be editorial assistant.

"Because I need you there," Derek answered simply, looking down at the sticky note in his hand.

"For what purpose?" Stiles had plans to go out with the team after work.

"You're my second in command, whatever Mr. Salvatore has to say, you need to hear it," Derek said tossing the note into the trashcan.