Epilogue

The cold air bit at Stiles' cheeks as they followed the wide walkway to the ski lodge. One hand was shoved deep into his jacket pocket while the other was clasped tightly in Derek's.

As they reached the front entrance, Derek paused. His eyes scanned the familiar building. One he'd been to many times in his life.

"Hey, you got this." Stiles squeezed Derek's hand.

Derek gave a forced smile and nodded before reaching for the large glass door. Everything was just as he remembered. He wasn't sure if that was a comfort or not.

The warmth from the fireplace washed over Stiles and Derek, thawing their frozen bones as they stepped inside.

"Derek," A female voice squealed as a blur of brunette hair and red cloth rushed them.

Derek's hand was yanked from Stiles' as he was engulfed by the tall brunette.

"Hi, Laura," Derek mumbled into his sister's shoulder as he held her in a tight embrace.

"Wow, you actually showed," Another female voice said, walking up. She had shorter brown hair and wore a scowl that rivaled Derek's.

"Cora, behave," Laura huffed as she pulled away from Derek, straightening her flannel overshirt.

Cora and Derek stared at one another before a smile broke out on Cora's face and she reached for her brother.

Derek's own expression warmed as he embraced his younger sister.

Stiles stood back, giving the siblings a moment. He already felt like he was intruding just by being there.

"You must be Stiles," Laura's soft green eyes turned to him. She looked so much like Derek. Stunning green eyes, sharp features, and a blinding smile.

Stiles gave a shy smile. "Nice to meet you."

"Wow, Derek, he's even cuter in person. Good job." Cora nudged her brother, earning a blush from Stiles. "You know how to ski?" she asked.

"I can barely walk straight," Stiles quipped.

"Derek can teach you, he's really good." Laura beamed.

Derek wasn't paying attention to the conversation. His eyes were scanning the room.

"It's been a while since you've been here," Laura said quietly as Derek's eyes fell on the chandelier that hung from the towering ceiling.

"They replaced it." Derek frowned.

"It's even bigger than the last one," Cora said.

Stiles looked up to see a large rustic chandelier made of antlers.

"It used to be a giant wagon wheel. We used to imagine what it would be like to swing from it," Laura explained, a fond smile on her face. "One weekend there was a snow storm so bad that the only light or warmth was the fireplace. There were four families that got snowed in with us. We all slept in this room. For three nights we slept under that chandelier imagining leaping from the banister and swinging from it."

"That was a long time ago," Cora said with a sadness to her tone.

Derek's jaw clenched as he pulled his eyes away from the new chandelier.

"They also updated the ski lift. It doesn't make that awful grinding sound anymore," Laura said, gesturing to where the ski lift could be seen out the back window of the lobby.

Derek stared out at the snowy expanse, a distant look in his eyes.

"I'll go check us in." Stiles gave Derek's arm a gentle squeeze as he stepped by, leaving him with his sisters.