Blue

Stiles walked with Derek hand in hand to the office doors. He turned to Derek with butterflies in his stomach.

"We'll resume this after work?" Derek asked, a soft smile on his lips.

Stiles nodded.

Derek leaned forward, his hand coming up to cup the side of Stiles' face. It was strange how relaxed he was as he pressed his lips to Stiles'. Their lips melded together easily.

Of all their kisses, this one was the most dizzying. The way Derek's thumb caressed his cheek. The gentle lap of his tongue. It was passionate. Rivaling the one from the night before in Derek's apartment. Only this one was slower, sweeter, less desperate.

When Derek pulled back, his head rested on Stiles'. Something he did often, Stiles noted.

"I don't know that I'll ever get used to kissing you like that," Derek whispered.

"Good." Stiles smiled, pulling away gently. "Now if you'll excuse me. I have been summoned by Lydia and I can't keep her waiting."

Derek smiled before pressing a quick kiss to Stiles' lips again.

Stiles fought to gain his balance back as he made his way to Lydia's office. Truth was, he'd demanded a meeting with her and Scott.

When he got to her office they were already waiting on him.

"Late again," Lydia pointed out.

"Yeah, it's been a...long couple of days."

"Is that why you summoned us to my office much too early?" Lydia crossed her arms, her eyes scanning him as if she could decipher what the meeting was about just by his outfit.

"Yeah." Stiles closed the door behind him. He leaned against it and took in a deep breath.

"What's wrong?" Scott stepped forward, a concerned frown on his face.

"Did Elijah do something? I warned you that he was—"

"No," Stiles cut Lydia off. His tongue swiped across his lips. The faintest taste of vanilla still remained.

"Then what is it?"

"I'm dating Derek."

Scott glanced between Lydia and Stiles like he was missing something. "Yeah? We know. You told us."

"No. It's not pretend anymore. It's... real."

"I'm sorry, what?" Lydia took a pointed step forward.

"I don't know what happened. I just... fell for him." Stiles shrugged.

"So Derek did have a thing for you," Scott laughed.

"That is so not the point."

Lydia pursed her bright red lips. "I'm not saying I told you so, but I did tell you."

"Thank you, Lydia." Stiles rolled his eyes. "I just wanted you guys to know."

"Well, what's it like?" Scott pressed.

Stiles scoffed a laugh. "It's complicated. Elijah is a problem. I'm fairly sure he still has feelings for Derek. Derek seems like he's pretty over Elijah, but I'll be honest, I'm nervous."

"Derek is nothing if not loyal. That's a big deal to him," Lydia said.

"Yeah I know, but five years is a long time to be with someone. I'm nothing like Elijah."

"I'd say that's a good thing. Derek and Elijah didn't work out. So clearly he needs someone not like Elijah."

"Scott's right. Elijah's the worst. I think you and Derek will be great together."