Good choice

Stiles watched Bonnie hold up a dress to Keelin before shaking her head and pulling a suit set.

"Marcel was a good choice," Elijah hummed as he observed the pictures on the camera of their previous model.

"Glad you think agree." Stiles started writing notes in his notebook for Derek. He knew there would be a thousand questions since he wasn't here himself.

"Do we think Keelin is a good choice?" Elijah stepped towards Stiles, glancing at his notebook.

"I think she probably fits some of our more modern day looks. The suit that Bonnie just handed her is a good choice."

"You have quite the eye." Elijah nodded. "Have you ever considered being more than just an editorial assistant?"

Stiles paused his writing to glance up at Elijah.

"As far as I know, Derek isn't going anywhere any time soon." Stiles frowned.

"Perhaps not, but I do know of an opening coming up soon. I could put in a good word for you."

Stiles' eyes narrowed. "Is this opening where you work by chance?"

"Dahlia is soon to retire. I have it on good authority that she is looking for someone based on recommendations. She's asked me and a few others in our office for suggestions. I would be more than happy to put your name on the table." Elijah gave a wide grin that Stiles knew to be sincere.

"You're serious."

"Absolutely, you're very good at your job Stiles."

"And this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm dating your ex."

Elijah let out a huffed laugh, "I am sure Derek has not spoken highly of me, but I assure you, I am not the jealous type."

Stiles didn't respond. Elijah seemed to be honest, but he couldn't be sure.

"I'll give Dahlia your name and you can decide if you want it later," Elijah waved his hand as he set the camera back on the tripod.

"Oh, no that's—"

"Stiles, I need your opinion please," Caroline called from behind a rack of clothes.

Stiles tucked his notebook away with a sigh. "Coming."

-

Stiles marveled at the photos of Damon. He was a perfect choice for the twenties. His vibrant blue eyes stood out against the neutral colors of the three-piece suit that Ethan had put him in.

"Damon, you never fail to look good in anything we put you in," Stiles chuckled as he made notes in his notebook.

"Glad to see I meet your standards." Damon gave a partial bow and a wink.

Elijah glanced between Damon and Stiles.

"I hate to confine you to one decade, maybe we should put you in something more modern like we did with the others, give Derek options. I know he'll want them."

"I am surprised he's not here. He usually prefers more say." Damon pointed out, pulling his suit jacket off and tossing it over his shoulder for another pose.

"Well, he was busy today unfortunately, and he trusts me to make the right decision."

"You are incredibly good at what you do." Damon grinned again before shifting to another pose.

"Uh, thanks." Stiles frowned down at his notebook.

"You know, last time I interviewed for you guys you had to leave early for a meeting. I wasn't able to talk to you much."

"What did you want to talk about?" Stiles glanced up at where Damon was unbuttoning his suit shirt.

"Just wanted to get to know Derek's assistant better. He was so fond of his last one until...well—" Damon glanced to Elijah with a smirk.

"Oh, he's very fond of this one as well." Elijah crossed his arms, his eyes narrowing at Damon.

"I would hope so for him to still have a job after the way he talked to Derek." Damon started to unbutton his pants, not concerned about undressing in front of everyone.

Stiles tensed.

"What do you mean?" Elijah's arms dropped as he looked to an obviously uncomfortable Stiles.

"This one is quite the snark. I was amused."

Stiles licked at his bottom lip. He forgot that Damon had seen he and Derek in a heated argument.

"I'm telling you that I didn't approve the samples because they didn't go with the theme you very clearly requested," Stiles snapped.

"It's not your job to approve or disapprove anything without going through me first."

"So, you would rather I waste your time asking you to approve something that I know you won't?"

"Yes," Derek growled.

Stiles steeled himself. "I'll remind you of that next time you bitch at me for 'wasting your time with questions I should know the answers to' now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with Erica. Don't worry I'll be sure to ask you every insignificant question I have."

"When was this?" Elijah looked suddenly very interested.

"About three months ago?" Damon pulled on the dark jeans that Caroline handed to him.

"Is that so?" Elijah failed to hold back a smirk.

"We were having an off week. Things were stressful at work and as I'm sure you could guess; I can have a bit of a snarky attitude."

"Huh," Elijah hummed.

"Can we get back on track please?" Stiles gestured to Damon with a frustrated wave of his hand.

Stiles kept his eyes on his notebook for the remainder of the shoot. He only looked up to take note of the different styles and poses that Damon worked best.

Damon was changing out of his final outfit, once again not bothering to change behind the curtain they provided, when the door behind Stiles opened.

"Ah, I see you're just finishing up," Derek said.

"You missed quite a show. Right, Stiles?" Elijah nudged Stiles playfully, causing his pen to scratch aimlessly across his pad, marking through his notes.

Stiles took in a breath before continuing.

Derek frowned, glancing between the two.

"Let's just say a model or two were very fond of your editorial assistant." Elijah grinned at Derek.

Derek's stomach dropped.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "He's exaggerating. I'll have a copy of the notes I took and a few proofs for each model on your desk by the end of the day."

Derek only nodded, his eyes falling to where Damon was changing. He had recalled Damon being the flirty type.

"These are the outfits we chose, if you're curious." Caroline gestured to her rack of clothes.

Derek walked over, pulling different pieces to examine them. However, his attention was on the model walking towards Stiles.

"I'm glad you got to stick around this time." Damon grinned. "Here's my cell number in case you want more...thorough notes for your portfolio." He held out a card.

Stiles frowned at the card. "Oh uh, actually..."

"That won't be necessary." Derek snatched the card from Damon's hand.

Damon glanced between Derek and Stiles. "I see. My apologies." He frowned but took a step back.

"I'll show you out." Elijah put an arm around Damon, before leading him towards the exit. A smirk on his lips at the tense look on Derek's face. He knew that look well.

*AN*
I'm back! Hope you enjoy.