The Visitor (Chapter 1)

"Martin Herrera, you have a visitor." The warden said.

Martin was allowed to go out of his jail cell and go to the visiting lounge where prisoners get to see their loved ones. It is actually rare for Martin to have visitors. He was an orphan and when he got arrested for a crime he didn't do, his friends left him. The only person that he has was taken from her by a rich powerful man that one day he swears he will take revenge on.

"Mr. Herrera, I'm here to help you get out of this jail." The man said to him.

The man was already in his late 50's. He looked very respectable and trustworthy. But Martin knows that looks can be deceiving.

"Why would you help me? What do I have to do with you?" Martin said.

Suddenly, a beautiful tall woman in her 20's who's dressed sophisticatedly goes inside the visiting lounge and approaches Martin.

"Let's just say we have a common enemy." The woman said.

"Ms. Venus, I told you to just wait in the car. It's too dangerous." The man said to the woman.

"It's okay Henry. I'd be the one to handle this." The beautiful woman named Venus said. "Mr. Herrera, as I said we have a common enemy, Mr. Rogelio V. Tan. Let's just say he killed my father who treated him like his own brother and took our company from us. And in your case, he took the girl that you love and put you in this jail for a crime we both know you didn't do. So if you'd let me, I will help you get out of this jail."

"What's in it for me?" Martin said.

"Well, there's getting your revenge on Mr. Tan, getting the love of your life back and 20 million pesos. How's that?"

"I'll think about it." Martin said.

"When you already have your decision, call me here." Venus said then gives her calling card to Martin. "Let's go Henry."

The woman and the man leaves and the sound of woman's heels as it touch the ground echoes in the room.

"So her full name is Venus Claire Steel. And she's a COO of a car company." Martin said to himself.

*****************************************************************************************

"Do you think he'll take the offer Henry?" Venus said to Henry.

"I'm pretty sure he would. Who wouldn't say yes to that kind of offer?" Henry said.

"Thank you for always being there to cheer me up Henry. But there's not much time left."

"I know Ms. Venus. Here, take your medicine."

"Thank you again Henry. You can rest now." Venus said as she takes the medicine from Henry and drank it before going to bed.

The next day, while Venus was busy talking to her staff in a meeting in her office, a call interrupted the meeting.

"Ms. Venus, a call for you. He said his name was Martin Herrera." Gail, Venus' assistant said over the intercom.

"Okay. I'll take it." Venus told Gail. "Guys, meeting adjourned. We'll talk again the day after tomorrow about the progress of your works."

Her staffs then went out of the room.

"Mr. Herrera, you called. Have you decided yet?" Venus said to Martin over the phone.

"Yes. I'll do it." Martin said.

"Very well. You won't be sorry. And what I will make you do is not that hard. Just wait Mr. Herrera, in a few days you'll be out that jail."

As Venus puts down the phone, she immediately calls Henry.

"Call Judge Arellano and fixed everything when it comes to Mr. Herrera's case. Fetch him as soon as possible. And also ready the guest room for he'd be staying there in the duration of the plan." Venus said.

*****************************************************************************************

"Martin Herrera, you're free to go." The warden said.

As Martin goes out, Henry fetches him and takes his bag from him.

"No. I'll be the one to carry it." Martin said.

"As you wish. Let's go Mr. Herrera. Ms. Venus has been waiting for you." Henry said as they get inside the car.

When they arrived in Venus' mansion, Martin was immediately taken to Venus' office or study room.

"Good evening Mr. Herrera." Venus said.

Martin was surprised to see the woman she just met a few days ago wearing only an orange chemise and a wrap that matches the chemise. She was also wearing this black rimmed eye glasses which made her eyes look bigger. She suddenly takes the eye glasses off and looked at Martin as if studying him.

Martin cleared his throat and said, "What is the plan exactly?"

"I will tell you soon. But don't worry I will not ask you to physically hurt anybody or even kill Mr. Tan. As much as I want to kill him because of what he has done, I am not the cruel." Venus said.

Henry then presented him a contract.

"Read it first before signing it. I want our deal to be legitimate. But you have a time limit, how about 6 months? In 6 months or even shorter, you should be able to get the company back and maybe even get the love of your life back."

"How would I be able to do that in 6 months? I don't know anything about business. I didn't even finish college."

"Don't worry we will help you. I will not let you go into war without weapons."

"What if I can't do what you want me to do in 6 months?"

"You go back in jail."

"You get me out of jail and then if I fail, I bring me back in?"

"That is why you should succeed Mr. Herrera. And have some faith in yourself. I won't get you if I'm not sure you can do it. So read it and when you are satisfied with it, sign it."

After a few minutes of reading, Martin eventually signs it.

"Well done. Good luck to you Mr. Herrera." Venus gives her hand for Martin to shake it and Martin does so firmly. "Remember Mr. Herrera, I have three rules, obey everything that I will tell you to do, never reveal our deal to anyone and three, never question my decisions. Clear?"

"Crystal."

"Clever Mr. Herrera. It's late already. Henry, take Mr. Herrera to his room."

"Yes Ma'am." Henry said.