The Wedding Proposal (Chapter 20)

“What are you doing sitting on my chair?” Mr. Tan said as he was surprised to see Venus in his office, sitting on his chair early in the morning.

“I was just pretending that I was the CEO of this company. I wanted to know how it feels to sit on your chair. But actually, I no longer need to pretend because I own this company now.” Venus said.

“Who said owning 40% of the shares of this company make you its owner?”

“Who said I only own 40% of the shares of this company? And why is your signature here in this paper that says you’re transferring your company to me?”

“What are you saying?”

Venus brings out the piece of paper she was talking about and as soon as Mr. Tan saw it, he immediately grabbed it from Venus.

“This is my signature but this is can’t be. Someone must have forged it. I bet you paid someone to forge my signature.”

“You know your own signature Mr. Tan, so you know that is not forged. Look at it closely. If you want, you can have experts check it. I won’t mind.”

“You can’t do it Venus. You can’t take my company from me.”

“Your company? Who established this company in the first place? It’s my father not you. Who made this company successful and one of the bests in its field? It’s my father not you.  What you did was to gain my father’s trust and take away his precious company from him for your own good. And what did you do after leaving my father devastated and miserable? You killed him made it look like it was an accident. Why Mr. Tan? Are you surprised I know everything about what you did to my father? I’m not taking your company from you because it wasn’t yours in the first place. And I’m just getting what is rightfully mine.”

Venus then stands up and says, “You only have this day to vacate this office. This company is no longer yours so you don’t have any right to be here or to step foot in this building.”

*****************************************************************************************

“I bet you will like this one. As you can see it’s a duplex, 2 bedrooms and 2 toilet and baths. It’s not too big or too small. It’s just the right house for a couple who is planning to have a family in the future. It’s actually rent to own. I will leave you for awhile first so that you can go around and decided.” The sales agent said to Martin and Angel for they were looking around to find a house or an apartment for them.

The sales agent then went outside for a smoke while Angel and Martin went around the house.

“It’s okay with me. What do you think?” Martin said.

Angel then hugs from Martin from behind and said, “I love it. It’s a bit small compared to my parent’s house but I love it. Though I think it’s a bit expensive.”

“Angel, don’t worry about money. What’s important is what you like.”

“I’m really happy that your deal with Venus and my so called engagement with Xavier are over. I am happy things are going back to the way it was maybe even better than before.” Angel said as she hugs Martin tighter.

“I know this is not the most romantic setting but remember I promised you that after deal we’ll be finally together. That we’ll have our own family and live together.”

Martin broke from Angel’s hug, got something from his pocket and got down on his one knee.

“Martin..” Angel said.

Martin then opens the box that he’s holding and said, “I love Angel. Will you marry me?”

“ I love you too Martin so yes, I will marry you.”