Turned Down (Chapter 10)

“I want you to again look on something for me.” Venus said as she was in the study room looking at her laptop while talking to the private investigator on the phone, few weeks later.

“What is it Ma’am?” The private investigator said.

“I just wanted to be 100% sure so I’m going to have you look into it. 8 years ago, a fire started in an old mansion in Makati killing 3 people including a rich businessman. They said it was due to faulty wiring but I believe that is not the reason so I want you look carefully into it. I want to know every bit of information and people connected to that incident. The firemen, the police, everyone.”

“Okay Ma’am. I will do that.”

“Thank you. Just call me when you are able get everything.”

Venus puts down the phone. Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. It was Henry.

“Come in.” Venus said.

Henry told her him that a certain Cyan is down stairs looking for him.

“That guy again. Let’s just talk again tomorrow Mr. Herrera.” Venus said to Martin.

She then together with Henry went down to talk to Cyan.

“What are you doing here Mr. Garcia?” Venus said to Cyan.

“I was just visiting you. I brought chocolates and some other pastries from my restaurant.” Cyan said.

“You can leave us now Henry.” Venus said then Henry goes back to kitchen. “I’m actually allergic to chocolates.”

“It’s okay. There are other pastries here in the basket that does not have chocolate.” Cyan said.

“Mr. Garcia..”

“I actually prefer to be called Cyan. Mr. Garcia’s a bit formal.”

“Mr. Garcia, it’s already late. I still have work tomorrow. So if you don’t mind. And please tell me before going here and also never visit me here. Also, take your basket of pastries with you when you go.”

Cyan then notices Martin who was about to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“Who is he? Is he your brother?” Cyan said.

“Actually no. He’s a friend.” Venus said.

“And he lives here with you? Is he gay or something?”

“You want to tell him Franc?”

“No. Of course not. I’m not gay.” Martin said.

“But he really lives here with you?”

“Yes. He does. Is there something wrong with that?”

“Uhm. No.”

“As I said, Mr. Garcia, it’s really late. I still have work tomorrow.”

“Okay. I’ll visit you again tomorrow in your office.”

“Henry! Escort out Mr. Garcia here.”

Henry then escorts Cyan out. And as he goes back inside, Venus told him, “Tell the guards that next time he visits, tell him I am not here okay?”

“Yes Ms. Venus.” Henry said.

“Cruel much?” Martin said.

“Mr. Herrera, I don’t have time for those kinds of relationships. And don’t you guys want some challenge when getting a girl? It wouldn’t be fun if a girl is easy to get.”