The True Meaning of Happiness (Chapter 28)

"Henry! Thank God you're here already." Martin said.

"I got the first flight to here as soon as you called." Henry said.

"She's been in the ICU for hours now. They said she had a cardiac arrest immediately after the treatment procedure." Martin said.

They then come inside Venus' room in the ICU. Henry then saw Venus with all the tubes connected to it. But to him, it is as if like Venus' just sleeping.

"Ms. Venus, wake up now. I'm here already. Please Ms. Venus. You told me to not worry then wake up so that I will no longer worry." Henry said as he was holding Venus' hand.

"Henry.." Martin said as he places his hand on top of Henry's shoulder.

"Please Ms. Venus. Wake up." Henry kept saying.

Suddenly Martin saw a tear falling from Venus' eyes.

"Henry, I know it's hard but please stop. She can hear that you're in pain. And Venus doesn't want that. Here. Have a glass of water." Martin said.

Martin then gave a glass of water to Martin.

"Thank you Martin. You may to rest first. I bet you haven't had any sleep." Henry said.

"It's okay Henry. I can't sleep anyway." Martin said.

So everyday of that week, Henry and Martin waited for Venus to wake up. Martin and Henry took turns in reading some books to Venus. They also played jazz music that Venus liked once awhile. Gail and Angel immediately called while Grey, Thea, Venus' aunt and uncle went to the States as soon as they knew what happened to Venus.

"I'm really sorry Martin. If only I knew.." Angel said over the phone when she called Martin one day.

"Don't be. It's not your fault. Venus understands you. I understand you. You were angry and hurt that's why you did that. You know it's my fault  for being not being honest to you." Martin said.

"I honestly wish that Venus gets well. Because as much as it hurts, I want you to be together. I want to know that letting you go meant letting you finally be happy."

"Thank you Angel."

"I will always include her in my prayers."

As Martin, puts down his phone, Henry said to him. "Coffee?"

Henry offers Martin a cup of coffee.

"Sure. Thank you Henry." Martin said. "I no longer know what to do Henry. The wait is killing me. I just want her to wake up. Why can't she just wake up?"

"Martin, I just feel the same way. If could just do something to wake her up from her coma then I will. But only God has the power to do that." Henry said.

Martin then closes his eyes and started talking and praying to God quietly as he looks as Venus.

"Please Lord. Please just let her wake up. I need her Lord. Henry needs her too. We can't take it if Venus will die. I know you already gave her a few extra years. Why not give her 60 more extra years? Please Lord. Please. I'm begging you. Please."

Suddenly, he hears a beep sound from the machine. It's the beep sound Martin never wants to hear but here it was and he's hearing it live. He then opens his eyes and all he can see was Henry shouting, calling the doctors. And what happened after that was all just a blur to Martin.

"Time of death.. 11:11 pm." The doctor said.

 *****************************************************************************************