Painful Revelations (Chapter 24)

After a few days, Martin was able to get out of the hospital.

“I’ll be back early this evening. There’s food in the fridge just heat it in the microwave okay?” Angel said.

“Angel, I’ll be fine on my own. Don’t worry too much. The wound is in located near my shoulder not my legs so I can walk perfectly fine. Okay?” Martin said.

“Okay. Take care. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Angel leaves. Later that afternoon, Martin decided to visit Venus and Henry in their house.

“Henry!” Martin immediately said as Henry opens the door.

“Martin what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be resting?” Henry said.

“Visiting you of course. I’m okay Henry. Don’t worry about me. Venus is right. You worry too much.”

“Is it me really that you are visiting?”

“Of course.”

Martin then heard a voice inside the house saying, “Henry who was that?”

Martin knew it was Venus.

“It’s me.” Martin said.

“If that’s really the case then come in Martin.” Henry said.

They then went to the kitchen where Venus was baking a cake.

“You bake?” Martin immediately said as he saw Venus cooking.

“Yes and I also cook Mr. Herrera. I rarely do it but I know how to. By the way, what are you doing here? You should be resting right now in your own home.” Venus said.

“I just wanted to visit Henry.”

“I see.”

“Uhm. If you want you can also stay for dinner so that you can taste Ms. Venus’ cake and also the pasta and chicken that I will be cooking. I bet you already miss my cooking.” Henry said.

“Well actually yes, I miss your cooking Henry.” Martin said.

“Then join us for dinner.” Henry said.

“Is Venus okay with it?” Martin said.

“Of course Mr. Herrera. Why wouldn’t I be not okay with that?” Venus said.

“Then okay. I will join you guys for dinner.” Martin said.

“You should call Angel too so that she can also have dinner here too.” Henry said.

“No need. She is busy in the restaurant because of what happened to me so let her prioritize her restaurant even just for this day.”

*****************************************************************************************

Dinner was ready and the three; Venus, Martin and Henry were about to eat when suddenly Venus got a call from the office saying there’s been an emergency in one of the hotels of the company.

“Where are you going?” Henry said.

“There’s been an emergency in one of the hotels. I need to go.” Venus said.

“But you still haven’t had dinner. Make someone else go to that hotel of yours.” Henry said.

“I’m okay. I’m still not hungry and you know me Henry, I am very hands on when it comes to my work.” Venus said.

“I can come with you if you want.” Martin said.

“No need Mr. Herrera. Angel would kill me if something bad happens to you again. Sorry but I’ll go ahead. I’ll take the car.”