The Last Kiss (Chapter 27)

“What’s happening here? Where’s Venus?” Henry immediately said as soon as he saw Martin pacing back and forth outside Venus’ room.

“Henry! Thank God you’re already here. Venus had an attack. I already called Dr. Quillamor. He’s taking care of Venus right now.” Martin said.

“Why? What happened?” Henry said.

Martin then told Henry what happened earlier. After a few minutes, Dr. Quillamor went out of Venus’ room.

“Doc? Is she okay already?” Martin said.

“Yes. She’s okay already. She’s just under a lot of stress that’s why this happened to her.” Dr. Quillamor said.

“Thank you very much Doctor. I really can't afford to lose her right now." Martin said.

“How about her treatment in the States? She told me she’s leaving for the States tomorrow already. Is she fit to travel at this state?” Henry said.

“I suggest she rests for two days before travelling to the States. I will be the one to reschedule her treatment procedure there.” Dr. Quillamor said.

“Thank you very much Doctor.” Henry said.

Dr. Quillamor then leaves.

“Venus is going to the States?” Martin said.

“Yes for treatment. But I don’t feel that well about that treatment.” Henry said.

“Have you told that concern to Venus?”

“Yes. But she said..”

“That you shouldn’t worry.”

“Yes. You know Venus always say that to me. I want to go with her but she doesn’t allow me.”

“What if I’ll be the one to go with her? I’ll be the one to take care of her there.”

“Are you sure? But Venus wouldn’t allow that.”

“Then, we’ll surprise her. Just trust me okay Henry?”

“Fine. Martin, thank you for always being there for Venus.”

The morning came and Venus eventually wakes up.

“Good morning Ms. Venus.” Henry said.

“Good morning Henry.” Venus said.

“I’m glad you’re okay already. Here, have your breakfast. Martin cooked that for you.”

“Wait time is it? I have a flight today.”

“Dr. Quillamor said you need to rest for 2 days. He already rescheduled the treatment procedure. Also, I already fixed everything with the airline so you will no longer take care of it. Just rest okay? Don’t be stubborn because if you’ll not rest for 2 days you can’t go to the states.”

“Okay fine. But thank you very much Henry.”

“By the way, Martin’s downstairs having breakfast. Do you want me to call him?”

“No. It’s okay. After having breakfast, sent him home already. It’s been a long night for him.”

“Yes Ms. Venus.”

“Thank you Henry.”

*****************************************************************************************

“Is everything there already?” Henry said to Venus while they were at the airport.

“Yes Henry. I brought everything that I need.” Venus said.