Wrath (Chapter 12)

After a few days, coming from the States, Venus arrived in the airport.

“Welcome back Ms. Venus.” Henry said as he takes Venus bags from her.

“Thank you Henry. Is everything okay when I was gone?” Venus said.

“Yes Ms. Venus.”

“Good.  I believe Mr. Herrera is in his office right now?”

“No actually he’s at home. He said he needed to take care of something.”

“Okay. Let’s go Henry.”

They went inside the car and later on arrive at their home.

“Ms. Venus, you want something to eat, you want to take bath or you just want to rest? I could prepare it for you.” Henry said.

“I’ll just rest Henry. Thank you.”

Martin then sees Venus as she was going up the stairs followed by Henry who is carrying Venus things.

“Venus! Uhm. Welcome back.” Martin said.

“You seemed surprised to see me Mr. Herrera.” Venus said.

“It is just that Henry didn’t tell you are coming back today.”

“Oh I see. Henry, by the way, get the paper bag later in my luggage. It’s perfume for Mr. Herrera. A client gave it to me he said I should give it to my boyfriend but you know I don’t have a boyfriend and I don’t want to waste it so I’m giving it to him. And also, Henry, I bought some signed copies of the books of the author you like. It will be coming in a few days.”

“Okay. Thank you Ms. Venus.”

“You’re welcome Henry.”

Later that night, after eating, Venus went to the study room to go over things. She then calls her private investigator.

 “Hello.” Venus said to her private investigator on the phone.

“Ms. Venus, why did you call?” The private investigator said.

“I actually just came home from the States. So I want an update in the things that he did when I was gone.”

“I hope you had a great trip.”

“I did. Thank you. So?”

“Uhm. Ms. Venus, the person you told me to follow just almost went to the same places that I already reported to you the other day. But then..”

“What?”

“There’s this one day where he went out with a girl. They went to an ocean park and a restaurant. But at the end of the night, how do I say this..”

“Just say it.”

“He told the girl about who he really is. His real identity.  They then talked for a while in the car then the person you told me to follow dropped of the girl in her house. And then he went back home.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“How about the one I asked you to look into?”

“I’m still looking into it Ma’am but I’m almost done.”

“Okay. Good job.”

*****************************************************************************************

 “Hello Ma’am! Welcome to Polaris!” The waiter said to Venus as she goes inside Angel’s restaurant.

Venus then takes a seat near the window; coincidentally it is the same place where Martin always sits.