Unforgettable Visits (Chapter 23)

“Ms. Venus, the cops are here to talk to you about what happened.” Henry said to Venus.

“Okay Henry. I will talk to them. Take care of Angel first.” Venus said.

At the end of the hall that leads to the emergency room, a policeman was waiting for Venus.

“I just want to talk to you about what happened, Ms. Steel.” The police said.

“Sure. Go ahead.” Venus said.

“Can you detail to me then what happened exactly in the veranda of the Eiffel Hotel?”

Venus told the police what exactly happened.

“So you know this Victor guy?” The police said.

“Yes. He’s of Mr. Tan’s men.” Venus said.

“Are you saying what happened earlier is all because of Mr. Tan. He ordered to Victor to have you killed?”

“Yes. I believe that.”

“But isn’t Mr. Tan already in jail.”

“He maybe in jail but there’s a lot ways for him communicate with his men. And as you said so, he’s in jail and I’m the reason why he is in jail. He had lots of illegal activities and he also killed my father. Also, I got his company from him, the company which he took from my father. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr. Tan’s behind all this. But you seem to have Victor in your custody already so why ask me?”

“Victor Galvez doesn’t want to talk so we can’t really get anything from him.”

“I’m not surprised. I believe out of the three men, he’s the most loyal to Mr. Tan.”

“I see. I have no more questions Ms. Steel. We’ll just call you if we need you. Thank you Ms. Steel."

When Venus came back, the doctor had just come out of the emergency room.

“Doc, tell us. Is he okay already?” Angel said.

“Yes. We have successfully taken out the bullet that hit him near his collarbone.  He’s out of danger. He just needs to stay here in the hospital for a few days to rest.” The doctor said.

“Thank God.” Angel said.

“We’ll be transferring him to his own room in a few minutes. Don’t worry too much. He’s okay now. You can relax already.” The doctor said.

“Thank you Doctor.” Venus said.

*****************************************************************************************

It was already near morning; Venus and Henry still haven’t slept. Martin hasn’t woken up. While Angel fell asleep beside Martin as she clutches his hand.

“I know it’s very hard to eat in this situation but here eat this then drink your medicine.” Henry said to Venus.

“It’s okay Henry. I feel fine.” Venus said.

“Don’t be stubborn. Just drink your medicine. I don’t want you to be admitted in this hospital too.”

Venus ate the croissant Henry gave then drank her medicine. After a few minutes, Venus noticed that Martin’s other hand was moving and that he’s opening his eyes already.

“Venus.” was the first thing that came out of Martin’s mouth.

Venus then stood up and woke up Angel.

“Martin’s awake already.” Venus said to Angel.

Angel immediately woke up and said to Martin, “Why did you freaking do that? You could have died.”