Three Years of Waiting (Chapter 5 part 1)

"Do you think he's ready for tonight Henry?" Venus said as she and Henry was talking while Venus was getting ready for the engagement party of Xavier and Angel.

"Absolutely Ms. Venus. He was able to absorb everything that I taught him. And according to Mr. Grey, Martin or should I say Franc, as he knows Martin, is good and has learn a lot. He also said that he's offering Martin a job in his company. I kept on telling you, don't worry too much."

"Thank you Henry. And thank you too for all your help with Martin."

"You're welcome Ms. Venus. Are you ready yet? It's already 7:30 pm. I know you don't like being late."

Venus then comes out of her walk in closet wearing this sexy green jersey slit gown looking all beautiful and sexy.

"What do you think Henry?" Venus said as she spins around for Henry to see her gown.

"Ms. Venus, isn't that dress a bit too revealing?" Henry said.

"Henry, it's not that revealing. As you said, don't worry too much. Let's go." Venus said then pulls Henry's arm to go down.

Martin was already down stairs looking all handsome and respectful, waiting for Venus. And as Venus and Henry went down the stairs, Martin was mesmerized at how beautiful Venus was in the dress that she was wearing. While at the same time, Venus was also surprised at how handsome Martin looked in his suit.

"Mr. Herrera, let's go." Venus said.

But Martin was still staring at Venus.

Henry loudly cleared his throat and said, "Martin, Ms, Venus, here are your masks." 

Venus said then takes her mask from Henry and kisses him on the cheek. "Thank you Henry."

*****************************************************************************************

They arrived in the hotel where the engagement party which has a theme of masquerade so everyone was wearing masks. He then helps Venus get out of the car and stretches his arm for Venus to hold it.

"Get ready for this is the start." Venus said to Martin.

Venus and Martin then get inside the ballroom where the guests are. As they got inside, people were looking at them.

"Welcome to my world." Venus said.

Martin looked around and saw people looking so elegant even with their masks on.

"Go find your Angel.  I'll find Xavier. We have lots of catching up to do." Venus said.

Venus and Martin went their separate ways. Martin went to find Angel and Venus went to find Xavier. As Venus was going around the party, he saw guy drinking wine alone and she's sure it was Xavier.

"Long time no see. You didn't tell me you're getting married." Venus said as she stood beside Xavier.

"Venus?" Xavier said.

Venus then gets a glass of wine from the waiters that are going around and said, "Alive and kicking.  Even with the mask, you know who I am."

"I should say the same thing to you."

"So this girl you're going to marry, is she pretty?"

"Yes very. She's also smart and compassionate."

"Wow. She's a saint. You didn't tell me you are marrying a saint."

"Venus!"

Venus took a sip of her wine and said, "Fine fine. But I have one question, do you love her? Because a little birdie told me that you're marrying her for her money."