Meeting Again (Chapter 21)

“Thank you Henry for everything. ” Martin said as he was helped by Martin in fixing his things since he’s moving out already.

“It’s nothing. And also, I appreciate all the things you had done for Venus. That's why I also want to thank you.” Henry said.

“What’s with the sad face Henry? Don’t be sad. I’ll call and I’ll visit you once in awhile.”

“I know this sounds mushy but I will miss you since I have already thought of you as my own son. Congratulations on your engagement with Angel by the way. I wish you the best and all the happiness.”

“Thank you Henry.”

After packing his things, he went outside with his things and looked at the house one last time. Martin will miss this house. It’s has been his home for a few months and the people inside it, Henry, Venus have been his family.

“By the way, where’s Venus?”

“She went to out early since it’s her first day in her father’s company.”

“Oh okay. I’ll go ahead Henry.”

“Take care Martin.”

Martin then arrives in the new house where he and Angel would be living starting today. And as he got inside the house, Angel was there also fixing her things.

“Martin!” Angel says as she immediately hugs Martin as soon as she saw him.

“You seem every happy to see me.” Martin said.

“Of course, because finally our dreams are coming true. I love you Martin.”

“I love you too.”

And they kissed. But deep inside, Martin feels this emptiness. He wants to be happy but he can’t. He finally knew how Venus feels.

*****************************************************************************************

“Good morning Henry.” Venus said.

It’s been a few months since Venus took over her father’s company. Things went back it was or even better for some. Venus is still a workaholic, working in her father’s hotel company. Martin is busy with his work in the investment company of Grey. Angel on the hand is the one busy yet very happy when it comes to the planning of her wedding with Martin and she’s also busy in managing her restaurant. And finally Xavier, no one heard of him since the dinner with Venus but actually, he move to the States to have a new life and he’s not planning to go back to Manila again.

“Good morning Ms. Venus.” Henry said as he puts down the phone.

“Isn’t it quite early to talk to someone on the phone?” Venus said.

“Uhm. It was just Martin, Ms. Venus.”

“Oh Mr. Herrera. I believe he’s okay.”

“Yes Ms. Venus.”

“That’s good.”

“What do you want for breakfast Ms. Venus?”

“Toast and eggs would do.”

“Right away Ms.”

As she went to her office, she immediately got to her office and called her assistant.

“Is everything ready for the re-launch already?” Venus said to her new assistant Eliza.

“Yes Ms. Venus.” Eliza said.

“Make sure everything is all set for the re-launch, the food, the invitations, the guest list, everything.”

“Yes Ms. Venus. I will make sure everything is all set for the re-launch. As matter of fact, the invitations for the re-launch just arrived and we’ll send them right away.”

“Good. Can a have a few invitations? I want to give people some invitations personally.”

“Sure Ms. Venus. Wait, I’ll just get the invitations.”

*****************************************************************************************

“Good afternoon Lovi, is Grey inside?” Venus asked Lovi, Grey’s assistant.

“Ms. Venus! Yes. He’s inside. Just wait for a moment, I’ll tell him you’re here.” Lovi said.

“Thank you Lovi.”

After calling Grey on the intercom, Lovi said to Venus, “Ms. Venus, Sir Grey said you may come inside.”

“Thank you again Lovi.”

Venus then knocks on the door of Grey’s office and then goes inside.

“Venus! Nice to see you. It’s been awhile.” Grey immediately said as soon as he saw Venus.

Venus noticed Grey was with someone.

“Nice to see you too Grey. But you didn’t tell me you were talking to someone. I can wait outside.” Venus said.

The one Grey was with stood up and said, “No. It’s okay. I was just leaving.”

Turns out it was Martin.

“Nice to see you again.” Martin said.

“Nice to see you too Mr. Herrera.”

“I’ll go ahead.” Martin said then leaves.

“Have a seat Venus.” Grey immediately said as soon as Martin left.

“Thank you” Venus then sat on a chair which was in front of Grey’s desk.

“A few months ago, Franc or should I say Martin told me about everything. I might say it was a bold move but I congratulate you for succeeding.” Grey said.

“It was but I had nothing lose so why not gamble right? By the way, I’m here to give you this.”

Venus gives Grey an invitation.

“What is this?”

“It’s an invitation for the re-launch of the company. I wish you and Thea could come even though I know you two are very busy with Baby Aya.”

“We would surely come. I know you waited for so long to get your father’s company back.”

“Thank you. Thank you also Grey for supporting me always.”

“It’s nothing.”

*****************************************************************************************

After talking for awhile with Grey, Venus went out of Grey’s office and got inside the elevator. She didn’t notice that Martin was in the elevator too.

“Venus..” Martin said.

“Mr. Herrera. I didn’t notice you.” Venus said.

“It’s okay for me to call Venus right since the deal is over right?”

“Suit yourself. You can call Venus me if that’s what you want.”

“Then, it’s nice to see you again Venus.”

“You already said that awhile go.”

“It’s been how many months? 4, 5 months?”

“I don’t really count the monthsmonths. Oh. Before I forget..”

Venus then hands Martin an invitation.

“It would just be appropriate if you come to the re-launch since you’re part of the reason why I got my father’s company back.”

Martin gets the invitation from Venus. But as he got the invitation from Venus, for a few seconds, Martin’s fingers brushed Venus’ hand so Venus immediately pulled her hand away. The elevator then opens.

“Of course, You can bring fiancée with you to the relaunch. I’ll go ahead Mr. Herrera. I still have a meeting.” Venus said then goes out of the elevator.