Taking the Bullet (Chapter 22)

Looking all beautiful with a new and shorter bob hairstyle and wearing a cobalt blue lace gown, Venus went down the stairs to go to the company re-launch.

 “You’re all grown up. It was as if just yesterday that you were only this small.” Henry said.

 “Henry, you’re overly dramatic.” Venus said as he hugs Henry. “But nevertheless, I love you Henry. Thank you for always being there for me and being my second father.”

 Tears suddenly fall down from Venus’ eyes.

 “Don’t cry. Your make-up would be ruined. Let’s go I don’t want you getting late.”

 “Can we visit Dad and Mom first before going to the hotel?”

 "Yes of course.”

 So before going to the hotel for the party, Venus went to see her father in the cemetery.

“Hi Dad! Hi Mom! I brought flowers.” Venus said trying not to cry. “Finally Dad! I got the company that was stolen from you. And now, Mr. Tan is in jail already paying for his dues and getting what he really deserves. Mom, Dad, I really wish you both were alive to see me right now, all grown up and successful. I wish you both were here to share this happiness with me. Mom, Dad, I really miss you. I really really miss you both. Please talk to Him for me. Tell me Him to give me more years to live. Because this time, I really want to live, to be able to make the company successful and to have my own family. As much as I want to be with you guys, not know.”

Henry then hugs Venus tightly.

“Let’s go. We can’t be late.” Henry said.

As Venus arrives in the hotel’s ballroom, Eliza immediately approaches her.

“Ms. Venus, everything is all set. There seems to be no problem. Everything is in their proper places.” Eliza said.

“Thank you Eliza. You have done a great job.”

“You’re welcome Ms. Venus. Your new shorter hair suits you very well. ”

“Thank you. By the way, you can go already or if you want to stay to celebrate. Leave the rest to the event’s organizer to check on things.”

“Yes Ms. Venus.”

*****************************************************************************************

 “Good evening everyone. I want to thank each and every one of you for coming and celebrating this joyous event with me and also for trusting me that I can make this company one of the bests in its field. I no longer want to go back to how someone got the company from us but what I want is to cherish the present and look forward to a brighter future. Thank you also for the people that made this event happen. thank you to aunt and uncle for being there for me when my father died. And finally, thank you Henry for always being with me and being my second father. I want no more drama so here’s to that brighter future. Cheers!” Venus said for her speech.

As she went down the podium, Grey and other people that knew Venus congratulated and hugged her including Angel and Martin.

“Congratulations.” Angel said to Venus.

“Thank you. Thank you too for coming.” Venus said.

“We should be the one thanking you for inviting us.”

“It is just appropriate to invite you since Mr. Herrera here helped me get my company back.” Venus said.

Henry then appears from behind.

“Your aunt and uncle are here. They want to congratulate you.” Henry said.

“Henry, nice to see you again.” Martin said.

“Martin! It’s nice to see you too.” Henry said.

“By the way, you know Angel, my fiancée.” Martin said.

“Nice to finally meet you.” Henry said as he shook hands with Angel.

“Nice to meet you too. Martin told me so much about you. How you taught him to cook and dance.” Angel said.

“Well I just wanted to share the things I know to him.” Henry said.

“I will leave you three to talk. I will just talk to aunt and uncle. Excuse me.” Venus said then goes to her aunt and uncle.

After talking to her aunt and uncle and some important people, Venus went to the veranda to get some fresh air and look at the stars while drinking champagne.

“You were right. We will meet again.” The voice from behind said.

When Venus turned around it was Victor.

“Well, nice to see you again Victor. But I don’t remember inviting you.” Venus said.

“It’s actually my hobby to crash parties. I love thrill of being in a party you’re not invited in.”

“What a weird hobby you got there.”

“Well, I also have another hobby.”

“What is that hobby?”

“Killing people.”

Victor then pulls out a gun and aims it straight at Venus.

*****************************************************************************************

After dancing, Angel says to Martin, “Let’s go to the veranda. I need some fresh air.”

So they walked towards the veranda and when they were about to step out of the veranda but they were surprised to see a man pointing a gun at Venus.

“Call the security.” Martin immediately said to Angel.

“But I can’t leave you here.” Angel said.

“Please Angel. Just go.” Martin said.

Angel immediately went to get the security.

Meanwhile in the veranda..

“Let me guess. Mr. Tan asked you to do this right?” Venus said.

“What do you think?” Victor said.

“Then shoot. I’m not afraid of you. I am not afraid to die. So go. Shoot.” Venus said.

As Victor pulls the trigger, Martin immediately ran towards Venus and because of that, the bullet hit Martin not Venus. Immediately the security of the hotel arrived and got Victor. And as soon as Angel saw what happened to Martin, she immediately went towards Martin.

“Martin! Please. Please don’t die.” Angel said.

Venus didn’t know what to do or what to say.

“We need to get him to the hospital.” was all that came out from Venus’ mouth.

They immediately got Martin into an ambulance and took him to the nearest hospital.

“Please Martin. Don’t leave me.” Angel kept saying to Martin.

Angel was crying and crying like there was no tomorrow. But Venus wasn't crying. She was quiet but deep inside she just wanted to shout. It was like her heart is being ripped apart. While Henry was behind Venus calming her so that she wouldn’t have an attack.

As they got to the emergency room, the doctor said, “Sorry. You can’t go inside. Just wait here.”

Venus then holds the doctor’s hand and said, “Save him. I don’t care how much it will cost, just please save him.