Revelation (Chapter 11)

It was a Saturday morning, after breakfast, Venus decides to jog around the village and then swim in her own private pool.

“You want some juice Ms. Venus?” Henry said as she approaches Venus to give her a towel.

“Sure Henry. Thank you.” Venus said then takes the towel from Henry.

Suddenly Martin appears; he was talking to Grey on his cell phone as he walks around the garden which was near the pool.

“Yes. I’ll do it immediately. Thank you. Okay. Bye.” Martin said.

After Martin puts down his cell phone, Venus said to him, “Mr. Herrera, you want to swim?”

“Uhm. No. It’s okay. Thank you.” Martin said.

Henry then gives the glass of juice to Venus.

“Thank you Henry. By the way, I want you to take care of things for a few days. I’m going to the States for a business trip. I’m leaving tonight.” Venus said as she lays down the beach chair near the pool.

“Can’t I come with you? There’s no one to take care of you there.” Henry said.

“Henry, I can take care of myself. Don’t worry. It would just be for a few days and I would be staying in hotel.”

“But Ms. Venus..”

“Henry..”

“Okay Ms. Venus but please take care. I will pack your things for you so that you will not forget anything.”

“Thank you again Henry.”

Henry noticed that Martin staring at Venus.

“Is there something wrong Martin?” Henry said.

“Nothing. Don’t mind me. I was just thinking about something.” Martin said.

“By the way, Ms. Venus, what happened to that Cyan Garcia guy who’s been wooing you lately?” Henry said.

“It’s nothing Henry. I already told him to back off. You know I don’t have time for those kinds of things and you how I hate playboys.” Venus said.

“Ms. Venus, you should stop pushing away and ignoring your suitors. It is time to have someone aside from me to take of you.”

“Henry, I have you and I can take care of myself.”

*****************************************************************************************

Later than afternoon, Martin went to Angel’s restaurant to see her.

“Is Angel around?” Martin asked Adam, one of the waiters of the restaurant.

“Yes. Do you want me to call her?” Adam said.

“No. It’s okay. She might be busy. Can I just have the usual?”

“Sure.”

After the few minutes, while Martin was eating his coffee and red velvet cake, Angel approaches her.

“Hello. I haven’t seen you here for a while.” Angel said.

“I was just busy with work. How are things going?” Martin said.

“Ah. I remember you work for an investment company right? Things are going well.”

“Yeah. But if things are going well, why do you look sad and tired?”

“I’m just tired since there are lots of things to be done here in the restaurant and also for the wedding.”

“Then back out of that wedding.”