"New" Friendship (Chapter 6)

“Ms. Venus, I told you to break up with him already.” Henry said.

“But I love him Henry.” Venus said.

“He’s the son of Mr. Tan, the one who betrayed and killed your father. Mr. Tan also disapproves of your relationship with him. And most of all, he hurts you when he gets drunk. Look at you, you are full of bruises. Sorry can’t take those bruises away.”

“But he said he loves me.”

“Ms. Venus, it is not always that love is enough.”

“Oh Henry.” Venus said then hugs Henry while crying.

That event suddenly flashed in Venus’ memory while she was looking at the bruises caused by Xavier last night in his own engagement party. She immediately puts on her blazer to cover the bruises and went down to eat.

“Good morning Henry.” Venus said as she sits down to eat.

“Good morning Ms. Venus.” Henry said.

“What’s with the sad tone Henry?”

“Last night..”

“Henry, I’m okay. If I worry too much about Martin being able to execute the plan, you’re worry too much about me. It’s just bruises nothing major.”

“But you know it’s bad for you to get bruises.”

Martin then appears.

“Good morning Henry. Venus, are you okay already?” Martin said.

“I’m okay already. You and Henry worry too much. By the way Mr. Herrera, do you know how to drive?”

“Yes.”

“Do you have license?”

“That’s the problem. No. I don’t have.”

“It’s okay. Henry, write the things I need for you two to accomplish. One, call Uncle Bill to help Martin get a license under the name Franc Sebastian. Two, buy him a cell phone so that I could contact him. You two can’t be seen together now that Mr. Tan knows him as Franc. Three, help Martin pick a car from the cars sold by the company and put it on my name.  Four, get him a passport. He might need it. Five, help him go to Grey for him to take that job he’s offering. And lastly, six, this one’s for you Martin, go to Mr. Tan and tell him you know someone who wants buy that 20% of his company’s stocks. Understood?”

“Understood.” Martin and Henry suddenly say.

*****************************************************************************************

Venus was in her office busy working when suddenly her phone rang and it was Angel, Xavier’s fiancée.

“Hello?” Venus said.

“I would just like to apologize on behalf of Xavier. I already talked to him and he said he was really sorry.” Angel said.

“Xavier’s a grown man already. He doesn’t need his girlfriend to clean up his mess.”

“I was just helping Xavier.”

“Fine. But you don’t need to apologize. I got used to it already. It has happened a million times already every time he gets drunk.”

Angel wasn’t able to answer.

“He will never change Angel. I waited for him to change. I helped him to change. But every time he got drunk, he sees me as a punching bag. That why as early as now, get out of that relationship.”