Drunk and Violent (Chapter 5 part 2)

Martin looked everywhere for Venus later than night but he couldn’t find him. When Xavier noticed that Martin was looking for Venus and suddenly said, “Go to the veranda. She’s actually not much into these parties so she goes out to the veranda to get some fresh air.”

He followed what Xavier said and went to the veranda of hotel and there he saw Venus looking at the stars.

“There you are. I have been looking for you.” Martin said.

“Well, you found me.” Venus said.

“You were right.”

“About what?”

“That it’s easy to get Mr. Tan’s trust.”

“I told you.”

“He gave me his card so that he said I could get in touch with him. He was talking about selling 20% of the stocks of his company.”

“Good job. I really have to commend you for tonight. You have done well. This is only the start.”

 “Okay. By the way, you and Xavier..”

“Yeah. We used to be together. I loved him even though I knew his Dad got our company and betrayed my father. Well, at first I didn’t know he was Mr. Tan’s son but even when I knew he was, I let myself fall in love with him. Very soap opera-ish right?”

“I’m sorry.”

“What’s there to apologize?”

Both of them didn’t say anything after that. They just looked at the stars. Martin then looks at Venus the exact time Venus looked at Martin. They looked at each other for awhile.

“You want to dance?” Martin said extending his hand to Venus.

“No thanks. Just go to Angel already. I know you haven’t seen her for awhile so go.” Venus suddenly says.

“Is it okay?” Martin said.

“Of course. It is part of the plan right? Getting your Angel back.” Venus said.

*****************************************************************************************

 “Hello. Congrats again. Where’s Xavier?” Martin said to Angel as he approaches her.

“Hello Franc. Thank you very much. He’s talking to his friends.” Angel said.

“How long have you been together with Xavier if you don’t mind me asking?” 

“Around a year. He was there when things got rough with my boyfriend.”

“Seems like you had a bad boyfriend.”

“Don’t say that. Martin wasn’t a bad boyfriend. He was the best boyfriend even. He was my first love. But it’s just that things got complicated.”

A tear suddenly fell from Angel’s eye. Martin then gave his handkerchief to Angel to wipe her tear.

“I’m sorry.” Angel said.

“I should be the one to apologize. It’s a joyful evening and I’m making you sad with all my questions.”

“It’s okay. Speaking of Martin, you kinda look like him.” Angel said.

“Calm down Martin. Don’t over think it.” Martin said to himself. “Well, with a handsome face like this, I have many look-alikes.” Martin said jokingly to Angel.

Angel laughed.

“Let’s walk around.” Martin said.

As they were walking, they suddenly hear two people arguing from the veranda. And when they went to look, it was Xavier and Venus.

“Why do you have to say that to Angel that you were my ex-girlfriend?” Xavier said.

“Xavier, you already have too much to drink.” Venus said.

“Why Venus? Tell me?” Xavier said.

“I meant it as a joke Xavier. And does it really matter if your Angel knew that I was your ex-girlfriend? No right? And we both know you don’t love Angel and she doesn’t really love you.”

“And you love me?”

Xavier then holds both Venus’s arms tightly.

“Ouch Xavier. It hurts.”

“You still love me right. That’s why you’re here and causing all this drama.”

“You’re hurting me. I already told you. I don’t love you anymore. Maybe before but not anymore. Let go of me Xavier.”

Martin could see that Venus was already hurting so he pulled Xavier and pushed him aside.

“Dude, if the lady said let go, you let go. Are you okay Venus?” Martin said.

“Yes. I am. Thank you.” Venus said.

Angel then approaches the fallen Xavier.

“Xavier, why did you do that?” Angel said.

“Let’s go.” Martin said.

Martin and Venus were about to go out of the veranda when Xavier suddenly tried to punch Martin but Angel stopped him.

“Xavier! I’m so sorry Franc, Venus. Xavier already had too much to drink.” Angel said.

“It’s okay Angel. Just take care of him.” Venus said.

“It’s okay to me too. We’ll just go ahead to not start anymore trouble.” Martin said.

*****************************************************************************************

 “Are you really okay?” Martin said as he and Venus were in the car going home.

“Yes. Why the sudden worry? Don’t worry about me. I can take anything.” Venus said.

“I shouldn’t have left you.”

“The plan is more important. But I’m sure this will bruise.”

Venus tries to laugh.

“Is he always like that when he gets drunk?”

“Actually yes. That is one of the reasons why I broke up with him.”

And on the ride home, Venus fell asleep with her head on Martin’s shoulder. So when arrived home, he had to carry Venus.

“What happened? I can feel that something wrong happened.” Henry said as he opens the door.

“It’s Xavier.” Martin said.

“He hurt Venus again?”

“He had done this many times?”

Henry just nodded and said, “Let’s get her to her room.”