Franc Sebastian (Chapter 2)

"Good morning Henry." Venus said as sits down to eat breakfast.

"Good morning Ms. Venus." Henry said.

After eating breakfast, Venus asked for Martin.

"Where's Mr. Herrera? Is he awake already?"

"I told him breakfast is at 8 am but he's still not awake."

"I'll just wake him up." Venus stood up and went to Martin's room.

"I'll just do it Ms. Venus. You'll be late for your work."

"No. It's okay Henry." Venus said as she arrives in front of Martin's room. She then knocks on the door and says, "Mr. Herrera wake up! It's already 8 am.  And here, people wake up early and eat breakfast at exactly 8 am."

But there was no response so Venus knocks again, longer and harder this time but still no response.

"Get me the key to the room." Venus told Henry.

Henry immediately gave Venus to the room and Venus opens the door to Martin's room.

"Mr. Herrera! Wake up!" Venus said in her loudest voice.

Martin woke up and was startled.

"I didn't you know you sleep like a log." Venus said.

"Mr. Herrera, please get dressed already and go down to eat." Henry said.

"Henry, please place the loudest alarm clock you can find here in Mr. Herrera's room so that he can wake up early and eat breakfast at exactly 8 am. And later before lunch, bring Mr. Herrera to my office. I'll go ahead. Thank you Henry for the delicious breakfast." Venus said then immediately goes out of Martin's room.

*****************************************************************************************

 "What's her problem?" Martin said to Henry.

"She despises people who wake up late. She's a bit old-fashioned. She believes the early bird catches the worm. That is why by 8 am everyone should be awake already and eating breakfast. So I suggest that if you don't want someone shouting at you every morning, you wake up early. And you don't want Ms. Venus mad. It will not be pretty."

"She acts like she owns the place."

"Well, she does."

"If she's already rich, why does she still want to get back the company? Is she that greedy?"

"It's never about the money. She just wants to get her father's company back for the sake of her father. Her father sacrificed a lot for that company and someone who he treated like his own brother betrays him and gets the company he treasured and worked hard for the most.  What would you feel if that happens to your father or even to you? You will do the same right? Eat your breakfast already Mr. Herrera. I will be teaching you a lot today."

"Teaching me?"

"Yes. I will teach you a lot of things like grooming, the proper way of speaking, other languages, current events, business, even proper conduct, poise, cooking and picking the right wine."

"What's that for?"

"It's for you to pass as man who came from a very rich family. And as Ms. Venus said, we're not letting you go into the war without weapons. And when you think about it, after your deal with Ms. Venus, you can use everything that I will teach you to stay rich. You will have 20 million pesos Mr. Herrera after this deal but you need to know how to maintain it or even invest it somewhere so that your 20 million can be turned into a billion."