Workaholic (Chapter 7)

“Where’s Venus? I haven’t seen her around for days now.” Martin said as he and Henry were eating dinner.

“She’s just very busy with her work these days. She always stay late in her office and when she gets home, she’ll just sleep right away.” Henry said.

“By the way, how’s everything?”

“I’m doing well working in Grey’s company. I actually like it there. And when it comes to Angel..”

Martin just smiled.

“Because of that smile, I believe everything is going well with her. Well, I know you really missed her.”

They were talking while drinking coffee after dinner when Venus arrives.

“Good evening Ms. Venus.” Henry said as soon as he noticed Venus coming in.

“Good evening.” Venus said as looking like she’s not feeling well.

“Are you okay Ms. Venus? It’s like you’re not feeling well.” Henry said.

“I’m just a little tired. Henry, can you bring me a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice to my room?”

“Sure Ms. Venus.” Henry said.

“Okay. Thank you. I’ll go ahead.”

Venus went to her room to rest. And as Henry prepares the glass of juice for Venus, Martin offered to bring the orange juice to Venus’ room.

“Venus?” Martin called as he was holding the tray with the juice.

Venus then opens the door.

“Where’s Henry? He’s the one who supposed to bring that.” Venus said.

“Henry’s already tired so I offered to bring it to you. Here.” Martin said.

“Okay. Thank you. Can you just please place that there?” Venus said pointing to her bed side drawer.

Martin places the glass of orange juice on top of Venus’ bed side drawer. As he looks at Venus, he can really sense that something is wrong with her.

“Are you sure you’re just feeling tired?” Martin said then approaches Venus and puts his hand over her forehead and neck. “You’re burning up with fever.”

“I already drank medicine. It’s okay. You can go now.”

Martin was about to go out of Venus’ room when suddenly he heard a “thump!” sound as if something fell on the floor. And when he turned around, it was Venus. She fainted.

“Henry!” Martin shouted.

*****************************************************************************************

 “Don’t worry too much Henry. It’s just normal fever due to maybe stress, lack of sleep or over work since you said she’s always working late. ” Dr. Quillamor said.

“Thank you some much Doc.” Henry said. “I’ll take you to your car.”

Henry and the Dr. Quillamor left leaving Martin and Venus in the room. Martin then took care of Venus. He helped Venus eat even just soup. He gave her medicine. He even tucked her into bed. He was about to stop the vinyl player from playing jazz music but Henry stopped him.

“Don’t. It relaxes her and gets her to sleep well.” Henry said.

“Sorry.” Martin said as he sits on the recliner chair beside Venus’ bed.

“Thank you Martin for taking care of Venus. I know your just here for the deal. And you have just arrived here. And I also know Venus is not the easiest person to put up with but still, thank you very much.”