The Confession (Chapter 26)

“Henry, can you please pack my things already for tomorrow before you go birthday party you are going to?” Venus said over the phone as she was on her way to Euphoria, one of the company’s hotels.

“That’s tomorrow already?” Henry said.

“Yes Henry. I’m quite busy so please do it for me.”

“Sure Ms. Venus. But I am afraid that you will travel alone. Also, I don’t feel that good about the treatment Dr. Quillamor is suggesting for you to try this time.”

“Henry, I will be okay. What do I always tell you?”

“Don’t worry.”

“Okay Henry. I have to go. I have just arrived here in Euphoria. I will just go around and check on things.”

“Okay Ms. Venus. Take care.”

“You too Henry.”

Venus gets out of her car and goes inside Euphoria.

“Good morning Ma’am. What can I do to help you?” A receptionist said.

“Will it be possible if I tour the whole hotel?” Venus said.

“Are you a guest of this hotel?”

“No.”

“Then it will not be possible.”

“Even just for awhile? I would just like to see the hotel inside since outside it is just so beautiful.”

“Sorry ma’am. But I can’t tour you around.”

The manager of the hotel then noticed what was happening so he approached them.

“What’s the matter here?” The manager said.

“This lady wants to tour the hotel Sir but she’s not a guest of this hotel.” The receptionist said.

The manager then looked closely the lady the receptionist was talking about. He was surprised that it was Ms. Venus Steel, the owner of the hotel.

“Nice to see you again Carl.” Venus said.

“Ms. Steel! What are you doing here?” Carl, the manager said.

“Ms. Steel?” The receptionist said.

“What are you doing Mary? This is Ms. Venus Steel. She owns this hotel.” Carl said.

“Ms. Steel, I am really sorry. I didn’t know.” Mary, the receptionist said.

“We’ll talk in the office later.” Carl said to Mary.

“Don’t be too hard on her Carl. It’s part of the rules of the hotel right? She’s just doing her job. I was just testing her.” Venus said.

“Okay Ms. Steel. Go take care of the other guests Mary. I’ll be the one to take care of Ms. Steel here.” Carl said.

“I’m really sorry Ms. Steel.” Mary said.

“It’s okay Mary.” Venus said.

Mary then leaves.

“What are you doing here Ms. Steel?” Carl said.

“I just want to go around and check on the hotel, to see how things are going.” Venus said.

“But Ms, no offense, there are monthly reports on that that you can read so that you will no longer be tired in checking the hotel by yourself.” Carl said.

“Carl, I want to see things for myself. Reports are different from the actual thing. And I want make sure our guests are getting what they deserve based on how much they are paying. Money may not be a problem for me but whenever I go stay at a hotel or eat in a restaurant, I want everything to be worth my money. Quality is very important to me.”