Chapter 20 - One In Millions.

Ishita Hassan

"You both aren't in love, right? " she asked me suddenly and I was shocked as hell. My face went pale as I struggled to answer her.

"Urmm...I...I don't know wh-what are you talki- " I was stuttering but then I was forced to stop midway when I saw her shocking expression which went over my shoulder.

I peered to follow her gaze and was equally shock yet mad when I saw a woman who looks totally out of place, hugging my husband tightly. She was perking her lips towards him and he was clearly struggling to free himself.

He didn't want to create a scene, I guess, because this was his first time in a family gathering party so he might felt uneasy to pull attention.

My blood boils to see them this closer and how dare she even touch my husband like that?

Without wasting another minute, I stomped my way towards them. I shoved away her arms around him and grabbed on his hand with mine.

"I already need my husband right now, thank you. " I smiled nicely at her and she glared at me.

I dragged him away from her and she ran around to stop us on track. "So, your that replaced bride. Huh, too bad that I'm the first one who's engaged to him but not you. Now, back off bitch. " she sneered as she pushed me away from him.

I stepped back in and she tried to grab in my hair but I was too quick as I tackled her arm behind her back. Pushing her away, I get onto my balance and I saw her swinging something on the air towards me. I dodged and it landed right pass me.

She screeched in annoyance as she pulled onto her hair and I smirked while saying, "Anything else you want to do? "

She glared at me deathly in my eyes and my parents in law were already on our sight. They ordered her to leave immediately and she obeyed, not without throwing me her nastiest glare.

"I'm sorry, dear. I had no idea of how she made it here. " Mrs Lawrence apologized as she held onto my hands.

"That's alright, aunty. " I assured her and we resumed the party.

On the whole day, I was so damn quiet around Nathan and he did tried his luck to make me talk to him. I'm still mad at him and if he ever tried anything again, I'm sure that I will make a fuss over it.

The party came to an end and we said our farewell, I began walking away to the car despite the shouting of my name echoing from behind.

I was about to open the car's door but was stopped when he spun me over to face him. My back hit the car's body and our owns were just so close to mold onto.

"Why are you mad at me? " he asked, concern sipping his voice.

Oh, this man is so getting into my nerves.

"You don't know? How come you don't know? If I didn't make it, she would have kissed you and your married to me, which means you should only kiss me. Your wife. " I lashed out with my fists balling onto my sides and all he did was to smile sweetly.

What the heck? I was raging over him and he just smiled? But to be honest, if he kept on doing that, I would melt right away.

"Who's she? What is she's doing with you? Why did she even call me as a replacement? " I landed question by question, hoping to divert my cooking serene.

"Well, Ishita...she's my ex fiance. But I swear, I have no connection or whatsoever with her after the broken engagement. " he said in sincerity and I frowned at him.

"Don't see me like that, Ishita. I swear, I had never even laid out my eyes in any other girls after you came in my life. I was never in love with her and you know, when I said that I put commitments in relationships, I did the same with her but she cheated on me and I caught them red handed while on the act. Since then, I ceased every contacts with her. " he explained, while being worried of my reaction.

"So, I'm just the replacement bride? " I asked, sadly acknowledging the fact that she meant just now.

"No, no. Your never a replacement. She's millions in millions...but your my one in millions. She's nothing compared to you, my wife. " he swore each words as he cupped my cheeks to caress them lightly.

I looked into his eyes and we were so deeply lost in our locked gaze. I felt him leaning in to my own and my eyes were already closed, waiting for the kiss to happen as I anticipated badly.

But it took longer then I guessed and his warm breath was still hovering on my lips but never connects with mine. In a thought of curiosity, I opened my eyes in a minimal view and saw him studying me intensely.

As if something striked his head, he leaned away slowly and what I did next, not only make him shocked but my own self too.

I pulled him closer with my hand clutching over his shirt and our lips collided onto each other. He was stiffened at first, but it doesn't take him long to give in and his lips parted mine slightly to slip his tongue inside my mouth.

Warmth blossomed in the pit of my stomach as I felt sparks getting ignited for his impossibly soft lips. They are very pillowy and his male cologne had that intensity which made my arms to cling around his neck, my fingers brushing every sips of his silky hair.

I was dizzying as I felt butterflies dancing in my stomach and I couldn't get enough of this. Of him, to be specified.

"What a wonderful view. I could see so much love in here." I heard someone cooing and that made me to pull away instantly.

Oh my Gosh, what are we doing?

I averted my gaze onto the ground, to conceal the embarrassment with my cheeks already heated up into pinkness.

"Opps, my bad. I'm so sorry for disturbing your two lovebird's moment. " I heard Henna giggling and I looked up at their direction, but there were already gone.

I could see so much love in here. Her words registered in my brain and for once when I looked up at him, I saw him gazing me back down lovingly.

Is she...right?