Chapter 30 - Bitter Truth.

Ishita Lawrence

I went to my car in hurry, to not be late for the annual dinner party and I sped away to the venue.

After about an hour of driving, I parked my car in the basement of the building and got out of my car while adjusting my blue sequin glittery saree. It's a grand villa hotel and many popular weddings had happened here.

After making sure that I'm holding the right invitation card for the annual dinner, I went to the elevator and tapped on the floor that the event being held. The lift began moving and I started to come up with ideas of how to let everyone know about this. This will be a surprise for him, for sure.

But would it be a happy surprise or bad surprise for him? Am I ready to be introduced as Nathan's wife? Of course, I'm. But, can I assume the same for him? What if he don't likes the idea?

With this thoughts running in my mind, I exited the elevator when it reaches the floor and I was invited by ocean like peoples along the hallway to the grand hall. I walked along in confident and as I entered the hall, Mrs Lau came running to me.

"Oh my God, you look so stunning. Your a bit late but that's okay, I will forgive you since you had utilized the time on making yourself to look more beautiful than ever. " she said with a wink while hugging me welcomingly.

"Aww, thank you Mrs Lau. You look fantastic too. " I complimented her as I studied her attire and she's dressed in a well designed dress that looks too good on her age.

"Dear, I was waiting for you. Why don't you just come along Nathan? " I heard someone approaching me and it was my mother in law.

"I was...a bit late from work, aunty. So I asked him to go first. " I replied her and we hugged.

"Alright, that's okay. And, I should really say this, you look so beautiful right now. No wonder his wearing a blue tuxedo too. " she said playfully at the last sentences and we heard the anchor starting his speak on the stage.

"They are about to start. Come on, dear. " she called me along.

"You go first, aunty. I will be joining shortly. " I assured her and she agreed while walking away.

My attention went back to Mrs Lau and she was eyeing me with confusion.

"Mind explaining of how you know Mrs Lawrence and what did she mean when she said she expected you along Nathan?  " she questioned in a go and I decided to open up to her first.

"That's because....I'm married t- " I was saying when I heard the anchor asked everyone to give him the attention and Mrs Lau dragged me to go to the nearby stage before listening me out.

"Keep that explaination in standby, later I want to hear it all. " she mumbled at me as she was keenly hearing to the anchor's opening speech.

I giggled while nodding my head and everyone started to assemble around the stage.

"As we all know, this is the Lawrence & Co's anniversary party and this offspring company is always been the talk of town since the year 1983. I'm very much glad to host this event of such a company and all of the employees here should be very lucky too...." The anchor was doing his job in the speeches and I took a moment to catch a glimpse of my husband.

I spotted him standing nearby the end of the stage and I saw this dullness on his feature. I knew it's because of what happened today in between us and I equally felt bad to see him this unhappy.

He was hiding behind that cool facade and his well designed blue tuxedo had concealed well either. Now, I get it of why my mother in law teased him of wearing a blue tuxedo because we are both in matching outfits right now and I was conscious enough to notice his attire all along even in the argument we had.