Chapter 5 - Becoming Friends.

Ishita Hassan

I know the best one now and she's my best friend, Sally. She and I travelled the high school together with another two, Kishore and Hanaff. We four were more like a family that play around each other. They make me proud to say that they are my best friends all the time because they understand me very well.

And I will easily found myself getting lost when I'm with them. My family and my best friends were the close one to me because this two parties really stands by my side through thick and thin.

I called Sally to inform her that I will be picking her up today from work to have dinner so that I can talk to her. She always get back home with her boyfriend so I will only pick her up if we really wanted to meet or if we miss each other. She said okay and she knew that we going to have a big talk about something.

I walked out of my room with my handbag and closed the room slowly. Later, the same brunette that was talking to the stupid came to my vision with a innocent smile while playing with her polished long nails.

"Yes, can I help you? " I said with a questioning look. She's really hesitating to say something.

"What is it about? Come on, just tell me. " I assure her with a sweet smile.

"I'm new here as the personal assistant to the CEO. He asked me for a coffee just now and that when his friend blocked my way to the pantry. " she said in a low tone and that stupid junk still behaving the same with many girls ah. I will teach him again next time but if he is really dare enough.

"Okay so just go and make the coffee now. That man isn't here anymore. " I said while mentioning the 'stupid' with huff tone. She laughed and continue to gather words in her lips.

"No, madam. Actually, you know...I don't know how to make a coffee. " she said and I looked her with a confused look.

She's really young maybe within 20 but it doesn't mean that she couldn't have learned to make a coffee. Even teenage girls now days knows to cook and yes, I was never one of them but atleast I know to make a coffee or instant foods, you know.

"Okay, so what do you want from me? " I said with a questioning look again and she become even more nervous.

"Just spill it. I'm not gonna eat you. " I tittered while patting my hand on her shoulder.

"Can you help me to make a coffee today? Because I saw you at the pantry when you were making coffee. Can you....please just for...today? " she asked more like pleading with a puppy face. She looks cute and she reminds me of my junior in the high school.

"I can. I can. Now, stop showing that puppy face, okay. " I said in a playful tone with a sweet smile while leading the way to the pantry. She looked reliefed and comfortable.

We started to chat about each other while making coffee and she's really nice to talk to. Her name is Jen and guess what, she's 20. I asked about the reason why she doesn't continue studying after high school and she started to feel uncomfortable to answer me.

I quickly changed the topic to make her relief and when I asked about her parents she said that her father left her mother and herself when she's barely 5. Her mother raise her with all good and care after her father's absents. Though, when we started to talk about her mother, she glance to her watch and become panic instantly again.

"Oh my God, it's going to be 6. I have to get back home to my mama. Madam, can you help me to pass the coffee to the CEO because my mom is sick and I have to be on her side by now. " she said with full hope on her face while eyeing me.

I give a slight nod that took me by surprise because I'm going to be late too but why did I just agree? Maybe because I want her to be with her sick mother or...I wanted to meet him again?