Chapter 13 - An Agreement.

Nathan Lawrence

"....will you marry me, Ishita? " I asked her, clearly expecting for a yes.

She stayed silent and I keep on looking at her, hoping for a good reply.

She turned crimson red and I smiled for her uneasiness with what I proposed.

"Pardon? " she asked again like she's just hearing things.

"Will you marry me, Ishita Hassan? " I confessed again with a smile and she gasped.

"Wh-What did you know about me and are you that dumb? Don't you hear it when I said that I clearly don't want to get into this marriage thingy? " I can feel her rage rising.

"Listen, Ishita. I know what I heard and I'm still asking you to do so because I need your favor. " I said while begging for her to calm down.

"What favor? " she said while narrowing her eyes.

"Okay, the thing is...I'm just a temporary CEO. To become the permanent one, my father made a deal and it was me, to marry a woman so that I can be in control from being a...player. " I whispered the last part wishing that she wouldn't hear it and she narrowed her eyes again.

"I expect commitments from many women, of course. But none of them are family oriented and instead of saving up the money, they would spend it on parties or shoppings. My parents thought that I would end up falling for any of those gold diggers so they came up with some conditions. Which is by restricting me from going to pubs or clubs...and this marriage was one of them. " I continued and she sighed while looking anything but me.

"How will it work out if I marry you? " she asked after some moment of silence.

"About that..." I could just say that I'm falling for her and I would be the man to support her no matter what. But all of us knows that she's hardheaded and I need to capture the role of being her husband in order to win her heart.

I had no other choices but to make up a lie so that she could let me in her life so without hesitating, I confessed my plan.

"Well, if you agree to marry me...I would came up with an agreement that notes down our purpose of this marriage which will be exceed for a year only. Just a year and within this time period, I will do my best to make the company permanently mine and you will be free as always. After a year, we will be divorced or if I make the company fully mine quickly, we would be divorced earlier. Even though, it wasn't the whole a year. " I conveyed the make up I did, which with each time I said the word divorce, my heart nearly ripping out of my chest.

Though, I had no choice but to say all this to marry this woman.

"Why don't you get some other girls for this agreement? " she asked, her face frowned.

"Remember when I said that I'm half Indian too, well...my mother is an Indian so everything she expects from her daughter in law will be you and my father, he never says no upon my mother's wish. She does hate all my previous dates and I roughly knew her types of choices. " I said truthfully knowing that my parents will love her as much...as I do.

"How are you hundred percent sure that they would like me? " she asked in her lower tone as she plays with her finger nails, which is cute in a way.

"I'm two hundred percent sure about it, because I told you, my mother is an Indian and so do you. Trust me, she still has that sweetspot for indian girls rather than any other women. She will adore you a lot, I swear. And mainly, they do know that your something out of every girls out there. " I informed the truth and she gasped.

Of course, my parents had known her. She's working on my firm right now and they are spying my every moves like a hawk so they spot the differences I felt in myself after her arrival.