Chapter 27 - Falling In Love.

Ishita Hassan

"Please, stop blaming yourself like that when I never even meant it that way. I asked you because....if there's this person who's allowed to steal my heart, it will be only you. I want it to be you. " he confessed softly and I pulled away rapidly, my blurry eyes staring him surprise.

He...wants me to steal his heart?

Before I could comprehend anything to react upon his confession, we heard laughter from our family and we pulled away completely from each other.

Luckily we heard them from afar, otherwise it would be a different level of embarrassment. They approached us right away and I was blushing like anything.

"You both okay? You guys look so red. " My mother in law asked as she keenly studied us and my brother added in.

"Aunty, don't mind them. They might got smoochy smoochy. " he said and I slapped his shoulder.

"There's nothing like that. " I whined and they all laughed.

*****

We end the day after cycling around the rice terraces of Ubud with the majestic views over the rice terraces that offers the perfect photo opportunity. We took some groupfies and selfies, thought we also had some photography session in couple. For where, Nathan and I had gone to that premium loving couple in the eyes of our families.

We retired to our rooms and after freshing up myself, I decided to take a night walk along the sea shore. Nathan is in some important call and I knew that this trip would make his work a bit tuff on him since we had so much projects in pending.

I decided to give him some space alone to handle the work and I left our room for the night walk I wanted.

I made it to the nearby seashores and I was enlighten by the dim lights around. I hugged myself to warm up the cold breeze hitting right onto my body. I looked around and I saw many couples swirling in their own world as if they are the only existence here.

I smiled at their loving and my mind right away dotted me with Nathan, his agonizing confession making me bloom with butterflies in my stomach.

If there's this person who's allowed to steal my heart, it will be only you. I want it to be you. This confession isn't as simple as it sounds and I felt something stronger than liking forming upon us.

I knew that I liked him, maybe even I'm falling for him. Yes, I'm admitting it. I'm falling for my husband and I can feel myself growing into it.

"Your awake. " I heard someone saying behind me and I was brought back from my strand of thoughts.

It's none other than Darren.

"Yeap, didn't felt that sleepy. " I said awkwardly remembering our first meeting at the morning today.

"Let's sit then. " he said as he gestured us to sit at one of the benches.

I joined along him and we stayed silent. This silent doesn't seems to be comfortable so I broke it.

"So, your not sleepy too? " I asked as I turned to look him.

"Yes, it's just...something keep me up from sleeping. " he said as he watched afar over the dark ocean, which is unlike him.

"You don't sound like you. " I said and he shot back his look at me.

"Why? " he asked and I shrugged before saying, "Well, you will always have something to counter back at me but now you don't. "