Chapter 35 - Fear Of Losing Her.

Nathan Lawrence

"Nathan...tomorrow I might can't make it. I was just assigned to work on a huge project with Darren and it's a very good opportunity for the startups in my career. I really needed to focus myself in this, you know. " she explained softly, avoiding from looking me and all I could comprehend is that name.

"Darren? " I asked in reconfirmation.

"The one I introduced to you at Bali, we also had a long night talking random stuffs. You remember? " she said it to clear my mind and of course, I remember him.

How could I forget him when he tried his level to convince my wife to get close to him? That's also right infront of me.

"Oh, that man. Fine, then. Our date day can wait, you can have all your time to focus in this project and I don't mind waiting for you, my love. " I sweetly uttered, even though I had this little twinge of fact that he's upto something but she smiled big while hugging me now and that's the end of conversation for me.

She loves her job and she's only going to perform his work with him, there's definitely nothing wrong with that. I trust her and I believe that she loves me too, so there's no way for any other guy to win her over .

"Thank you for being understanding, Nathan. " she mumbled over his chest, bringing me back from my trance of thoughts.

"My pleasure, my love. " I mouthed while hugging her back.

After sometime she said, "Nathan. I should start working and wait, how did they let you in? "

"Well, I have my ways wifey. " I winked at her and she released me, looking up at me while signalling to her desk.

"I have work to start and so do you. You better be a good CEO and stop coming around for me like this. " she whined like a kid and I chuckled.

"I want to be a better husband, my love. And everything else is only after you. " I said honestly, smiling down at her.

"No, Nathan. You shouldn't abandon your works like that for me and you just take over the company so I don't want you to have any wrongful names. " she said while taking her hands towards my tie, adjusting it a little.

Can anyone be this beautiful when they were simply adjusting your tie? My wife does and she's beautiful in everything she's in or doing.

Later, 15 minutes of convincing me to go back to work, she succeeded at last and I didn't left before kissing her on the cheek. God, how I wish to kiss her on those soft looking lips but I need to respect her opinions too.

I left her cabin right after and made it to the elevator. On the way, I called the founder of the company and thanked him for letting me in to see my wife. He's a good friend of my father and we kind of related in business. Though, I also asked him to not let my wife know about this and he agreed.

As I descend the elevator to the ground floor, I walked to my car and was halted when someone yelling my name behind me.

It is him, the guy my wife just said to work with from tomorrow.

"Hey, Mr Lawrence. What are your doing here? Nice meeting you again, between. " he greeted with a smile, but I can see the hidden smirk behind it.

"Well, my wife's here so I came to meet her. By the way, good to meet you too, Mr Castelon. " I greeted him back while playing along his cool facade.

"Your wife? Or more like the agreement wife? " he asked, slipping both of his hands into his pant pockets and I was surprised at first before getting rage while seeing him smirking at me.

"Just my wife, there's no agreement. " I announced through gritted teeths and he evilly laughed.

"You can fool everyone around you, but not me, Mr Lawrence. I know everything. " he said vigorously, putting his chin high infront of me.

"What do you mean, Mr Castelon? " I played dumb, not admitting to the truth he's saying.

"Playing hard to get the point, huh? Okay, what if I tell you this way? I used to be in love with Ishita and you have no idea of how many time I have tried my best to make her fall for me, but she left the university after finishing our studies with no trance. I thought I lost her, but I saw her again...solidly after three years, I saw the woman who I fell for again. But, then...another heartbreak awaits me and she informed that she's married. I was really upset, Mr Lawrence, thinking that my love life is only full of failure but..." he paused while smiling fondly on his next upcoming words.

"...as if God granted me another chance to reconnect my love, I got to know about your two's little secret in this marriage. You made her sign an agreement to make your company yours permanently. Your marriage life is full of deceive and I don't want my Ishita to be in with a man who uses her for his own advantage. You guys eventually are going to divorce so I'm back again, to get my love back. " He finished talking and I lunged to grab in his collar.

"You bastard, don't you dare even think about having her. I might have came up with an agreement before but it's fully because I want her to say yes to marry me and we aren't planning to get divorce anytime as I'm terminating the agreement without even divorcing. I love her, more than anything so I won't....ever let her go. You better stay away from her. " I warned him as I raged him with my anger.

He chuckles, untangling my fists from his collar as he uttered, "You say so but I don't care, man. I'm in love with her too and I'm not giving up. She might still be your Mrs, but it's not a promise that it will last longer. Maybe later she would be my Mrs- "

"Shut it, you. " I collared him harshly again and this time, my another hand was about to swing on air but what he said next make me to stop whatever I'm doing.

"Are you afraid that she will love me instead? Then, why are you acting so mad and insecure? Chill, man. Okay? " This bastard announced calmly.

"Let's do this, I will do everything to make her fall for me and you will do yours, let's see who she really fell for at the end...okay? " he challenged and I groaned while suppressing my anger. 

Of course, my love you wouldn't fall for his charm because she's already in love with me. Ishita loves me and myself only. She's just taking time to confess her feelings but I know deep down, I'm right there in her heart.

Heck to his effort, I know there's no chance for him with her. He's going to be heartbroken anyway and so, why do I have to be very bothered?

I took off my hands from his collar, sighing out a breagh and brushes his signature suit lightly with a small smile adorning my lips. I simply said before walking away from him, "Congratulations in advance for your upcoming heartbreak, Mr Castelon. "

I ignored his stupid laugh on background and continue to march over my car.

"Why do you think that I had assigned her as my new project's architect? Three months, man. I got to have her by my side for three solid months and what do you think about this period of time? It's pretty enough for me to make her mine. Anyways, good luck to you man. " he let know coolly and walks away from there.

Leaving me all stunned by his confession and I started feeling this slightest twitch in me, the fear of losing her.