Chapter 29 - Winning The Husband.

Ishita Lawrence

"Why don't you invite me to the annual dinner tonight? " I asked him vigorously.

"You decided not to invite me because I'm not working there anymore? Or, it is because you want to have fun around without me, your wife? " I added up more from my grudge and his eyes goggled up at me in utter shock.

"Ishita, I don't know what are you talking about? I'm...I'm going for a formal dinner...with my friends. " He lied on my face.

I felt something building up from my eyes and I let it flow down.

"Oh, love, why are you- " he approached right away while raising his hands to my face and I jerked backwards, turning my head sideways.

"How dare you lie to me? You think I had no one to tell me about what's going to happen today? " I shouted, both pain and anger making it appearance with all force in me.

"I...I..." he gaped on his own words to continue and I couldn't keep up from him anymore.

"She's coming today, isn't it? That's why you don't want me to come, knowing that I would be a problem in between you two. " I stated as I stared at him and he looked me with perplexity.

"What? Who are you talking about? Love, I swear, there's nothing like your thinking right now. " he said with seriousness while taking a step towards me.

"Jen. I'm talking about Jen. You invited her to this party so that you could have her by your side and you didn't want me there because you don't want any distraction, isn't it? I know, Nathan. I know that I'm just your wife by agreement but I do have feelings. You should remember that, Nathan. " I wailed as my tears started to stream down my cheeks and I took off from there.

Running into my room while banging the door shut behind me, I slides down on the wooden surface and I cried my heart out.

He lied, he thinks that I'm that stupid to leave behind every contacts I had from his company and what do he expect me to be? To turn my back over my colleagues who helped me through all this months? Why do he needs to get lovey-dovey when he really doesn't mean too?

Am I a fool to blindly fall for this man?

Just seconds after, I heard him saying from the other side, "Ishita, my love, please...I know that your crying, I know that it's because of me. B-But, it wasn't anything like your thinking right now. I didn't even invite anyone and why would I be doing that when I know that my parents will be there too. So trust me, I lied at first because...I know that she will be coming today too. I had warned her to stay away from me, Ishita, and that's why I fired her. But, that woman, in the thought of winning me...she started putting up with stupid plans and I thought...if she did any of that today infront you or everyone else, I would lose you forever. "

Can I trust him? I wanted too. But would I be wrong?

"Please, love...I had never ever thought you as my wife by agreement. You mean so much more than that and if you get to know the real truth behind the agreement I proposed, I don't even know of how would you be reacting. " he confessed and I can hear the depth of his each words.

What do he mean by the real truth of the agreement?

I listened to his handphone roaring and he attended it, "Mother.....yes... I'm on my way....I will be there....alright. "

"My love, I should go- " Before he finish it, I said it out for him, "Go, Nathan. Your the host so you should be there by now. " I said loudly for him to hear and after some minutes of silence, I heard his footsteps fading away.

My love, why did he have to be calling me that lately? Did he really meaning it? Am I really his love?

He just confessed something else which intrigued me and now, I wanted to believe him but that little piece of insecurities in me seems to make me think otherwise.

I wiped down the tears and there was this rough image of them together. Them, as in my husband with that Jen. To be honest, it was painful as hell to even imagine him with her, or even anyone else and at the moment, I realised that I should fight for him too.

My husband's a hot piece of hunk so of course, every women would drool over him and I'm sure that I'm not going to back away without a fight.

I love him. I love Nathan, my husband. So I should do something to win him over too.

Yes, today everyone in the dinner party should know of what we really are. They should know that I'm married to none other than their CEO and since I'm working in another company now, I should be caring less about the rumours.

Heck, I don't even care about those rumours after this. All I need to do is to prove that the rumours about Nathan and Jen was a false one.

I determined myself with that major hope I had in our marital life and I stood up, walking into my closet to change into something glam so that I could make an entrance.