Chapter 7 - The Feelings In Need.

Nathan Lawrence

"What happened today at the pantry?" I asked in a very serious tone and he froze for a minute.

"Huh? What for are you asking me that? " he said more like to cover up the topic.

"Come on, bro. Don't you think that I can see your liar face. What's going on between you guys? " I said again while raising one of my brow

"Whom are talking about, bro? Seriously, are you joking? " he said with a laugh while patting my shoulder.

"Okay if you aren't willing to tell me now, I'm going to find it on my own way then. " I uttered in frustration as I knocked the table while straightening my body in the sitting position.

He took a sigh and looked around to see whether anyone's closer to us. Why is he behaving like he's about to tell me his biggest secret right now?

"Is it about the girl and me? " he said while leaning a bit to me.

"Yes." I said and fear started to swallow me awaiting for his reply as my mind began to pop out muktiple questions that make me sick.

Were they used to date? Were they in love before? Did they have been kissed? Did he dump her like he did to others? Are they indeed taking a break for sometime? A image of them hugging each other tightly appeared in my vision and my hand automatically balled into fist as I took a sharp breath to calm myself.

"You know when a year before I got admitted in the hospital for a head injury? " he said with a nervous look.

"Yes, I do remember but why are pulling this topic now? " I said impatiently.

"Well...she's the reason of my head injury that day. " he said after exhaling a sigh.

"What are you talking about? You said-- " he cut me off briefly.

"I know what I said but I lied, okay. She's the one who made that head injury with a wine bottle. " he said and I saw him in the 'are you serious?' look.

"Yes, man. She hit me with a wine bottle when I grab on her hand forcefully. " he said while looking away as if he remenicsing the incident.

"What? Why did you grab on her hand? " I asked and he clearly noticed my anger on my tone.

Flashback*

Kane's POV :

I am in a bar where my friends invited me to come over. They greeted me and we sat in a group of 4. I look my surrounding for any flings to hook up tonight and I spot a woman standing in a glorious lace dress with her friends.

I stood up to approach her but to my surprise she quickly fade away from my sight. Cursing myself to lost the girl, I straight away walked back to my friends. Then, I saw her again with her friends walking back to their previous place. I stood up and walked to her or more like, ran to her so that I wouldn't miss her this time.

"Hey, baby. " I said in a very sexy tone. She looked my way and I give a smirk.

"Hi. " she said in a confused way and glance over to one of her female friend who is sitting right opposite to her.

That friend gave me the same confused look and she dressed in a tight jeans with matching blouse. I looked again to the woman in dress and started my magical words to charm her but she doesn't react at all as she's is interested in me.

Oh, come on, who's going to reject me a handsome piece, right? I thought to myself as I took a step closer to her and grab on her hand but she drew it away in a very disgusted way.