Chapter 38 - Taking Her Home.

Ishita Hassan

"He's not going to come....fine whatever. " I huffed onto myself as I put my earrings. Adjusting my hair which is in a round bun, I collected my baby hairs and pinned it behind my ears.

After checking myself for one last time, I left my room and went downstairs. My mother coming into my view while saying, "I wouldn't mind if Nathan take you back home straight away from the event. Just don't forget to ring me to let me know. " She winked as she complimented my look.

Okay, here she go again. Making me to resent his absents even more than I already do.

"Maa, I told you that he's not going to come today. " I whined, my hands resting on each side of my hips.

"Oh, so who's the one waiting for you outside? " she asked and I got the realisation.

"Maa, that's Darren. He offered a ride since he drive by this way and I agreed. He's already here, I think. " I let her know and I remembered the time when Darren nagged about offering me a ride.

"Okay, maa. Good bye, I will be back... maybe around 11 or something. Don't stay up for me. " I informed her and she nodded her head, walking along me to the gate.

I waved her goodbye and get in Darren's car.

"Looking so amazing, wonder woman. Guess, your beauty is always a wonder for me. " he said with his usual sly smile.

"That's enough for the name, Darren. And thank you for the compliment. " I replied back at him and he chuckles as we continue our ride there.

Darren's a good friend or more like brother now and we remake our college bonding on our working period right over again. It's not as if he really had anything for me alike Nathan told me that day and I never felt that much uncomfortable to be around him either.

We reached the golf club and we dropped by the valet's as we walked in the grand hall. Greeting almost everyone we knew, I finally decided to take a break and spent along sometime with Sandhya.

"Isn't Mr Lawrence coming up today, ma'am? " Sandhya teased as she nudged my shoulder and I shook my head. Even though, she's an assistant, we didn't put that much of professional bound outside the company and this is how openly we would talk onto each other as she knew about my story.

"Why does everyone expects him? He's not coming today, Sandhya. " I grumbled at her.

"So that's why you have been off for the past three days. Is everything okay? " she asked in concern.

"Everything's fine, Sandhya. Thanks for asking. " I told her and she nodded understandingly.

After some passing minutes, I felt overwhelmed on the thoughts of him in my mind and I excused myself to get some air alone.

I paced out from the grand hall and solitude myself nearer some garden view area which is quite far from the hall. I looked through the flowers which were sleeping peacefully upon the night and I was taken aback when I overhear some steps behind me.

"What are you doing here all alone? You okay, wonder woman? " Darren asked as he stepped beside me.

"I'm fine, Darren. I just...felt like taking some air alone. " I said and he looked at me knowingly.

He looks a little nervous as he glanced around and his attention was back at me again.

"You okay, Darren? " I asked him instead and he hesitatingly answered, "Yes, I'm...fine. I'm just...I don't know whether this is the right time or not. "

"Right time for what? " I questioned and he sees me in somewhat weirdly.

"Alright, I'm going to do it. " he uttered, letting out a breath.