Chapter 34 - The Comprehension.

Ishita Hassan

Living like the old single me had only made me miss my marriage life more and in just a mere 9 months of durations, he made me to miss every single thing that happened between us romantically.

It's been three days since he asked for a chance and since, I never get to see him again. Guess, he took that 'giving me a break' very seriously and I'm glad that he respects my words.

"Ma'am, you have this usual bouquet delivery. " My assistant, Sandhya said as she kept the bouquet on my desk.

As soon as I saw the flower, my lips crept up in a smile. He never failed to surprise me with different kind of flower bouquets everyday since he let me stay in my parent's and it's a pink tulips today with a note that necessarily attached to every bouquet he sent.

I took the small heart shaped paper note on my palm and read it right away.

Morning, my love❤️

If beauty were time, you'd be eternity!

Missing you again today and I will wait for that special day that will lead us back together.

I love you.

-Nathan

I giggled at his today's pick up lines and he would write something like that in every notes he attached on the bouquet.

"I miss you too, Nathan. " I whispered under my breath and smiled to myself.

Why life couldn't be easy on us? I just wanted to love him without any doubts in me, in our relationship and I think, this break would help us to fix it through.

I heard a knock on my door and my assistant, Sandhya walked in.

"Ma'am, Mr Kalim wants to meet you right now. He said that it's urgent. " she let know and I was stunned.

Mr Kalim? As in one of the board members of the company?

"Okay, okay. I will be going now. " I said quickly and stand up from the chair as I walked out in my fastest pace to his office.

As I came to his door, I knocked twice and comes his 'come in'. I stepped in hurry and I was shocked to see Darren, sitting opposites to Mr Kalim as they were talking casually.

"Hello, Mrs Ishita. Here, take the seat. " Mr Kalim greeted as he gestured me to sit beside Darren.

He was smiling at me knowingly and I was still speechless.

"Calm down, wonder woman. Mr Kalim is my father's friend so I came here to find for a great architect on my new upcoming project. " Darren explained and Mr Kalim added from there.

"Yes, Mrs Ishita. He's right. He's in search of a great architect so I recommended to choose one from our firm and now, we are happy to say that your going to be working on this big project with Mr Castelon here. " Mr Kalim announced and I couldn't believe my ears.

"Is this for real? " I asked in disbelief, because I couldn't just believe that I'm going serve a huge project for the first time.

They laughed and assured me. For the next 30 minutes, the whole conversation were briefed about the details of the project and I was in cloud nine hearing each and every trusted responsibility they gave me.

We excused from Mr Kalim's office and Darren teases me, "So, what does this great architect have in mind about my project? "

"Darren, you have no idea of how much I couldn't believe it. This is something big for me, like, my first project with a huge investment. I swear, I couldn't even breath thinking about it. Thank you so much for believing in me, Darren. " I thanked him with all my wills and he chuckled.

"That's okay. I wish I could have find you earlier. " he said and his last sentence hooked me up in confusion as he said it with a hint of hurt flashing on his face.

"I mean, for the project of course. But now, I'm really glad to have you working with me. " he informed and we chit chat a little before he left.

I was in heaven, thinking about the new project that I'm about to start tomorrow and as I walk back to my cabin, I wasn't aware of another surprise waiting for me inside.

It is my husband. Looking pretty good in his suit as he smiled sweetly at me.

"Miss me? " he mumbled and my face literally brighten up with a neverending smile.

I walked in my cabin and I was controlling every being in me from hugging him tightly.

He took a step closer to me and his hand raised to my face as he put a strand of my hair behind my ear while saying, "I missed you. "

He cupped my face along and stared me deeply. His lips leaning onto my forehead as he gently pecked, shivers shooting over my body ultimately.

I couldn't cope with urgeness anymore and I gave in to him, embracing him closely to my body.

He let out a gratifying breath and his arms went around me.

"I can see that you missed me equally too. " he murmured and I nodded my head while still resting my head on his chest.

"I love you. " he proposed and I pulled away at this, smirking up at him.

"Just because I missed you, don't expect me to tell it back Mr Lawrence. " I playfully teased and he chuckles.

"Not trying any luck here, Mrs Lawrence. But if you want me to expect, than I will do. " he said and comes my next question, "What are you doing here? After three days of our final meeting. "

"Well, I couldn't keep up admiring my wifey from the long distance anymore so I planned something to shorten up the distance between us. " he said and I gawked at him.

"You have been seeing me from afar? " I asked and he nodded.

Why? Why is he making me to regret the break I decided to have in between us?

"What do you have up your sleeve, hubby? " Oh my, did I just?

His face lighten up in thousands of sparks and he cupped my face again, his eyes blinking with incredulity. His face slowly leaning onto me, aiming for our lips to be connected. Just few centimeters away and our love would burn with passion, but what's the use of our break from each other then?

My hand quickly raises up to rest upon his chest and I slightly push him away, saying an urgent, "No, Nathan. We shouldn't do this...for now. "

His feature was calm as he smirked and his lips averted to my cheek, kissing there lingeringly.

"Alright, my love. Now, for the plan I said about, I want you to spend the whole day with me tomorrow as I had arranged everything in advance. It's sort of a date day for us so please keep yourself free, okay? " he said and I was in bewilderment.

Tomorrow is my first day project work with Darren and it's an important day for me to execute my role as the architect they appointed me.

Though, I couldn't directly say no to this man either, he was looking too expectingly at me and I don't want him to think that I'm turning him down. But I have no choice, I have been trusted and given such a big role on my startups in career.

Nathan would understand, don't he?

I shook my head, indirectly conveying my disagreement and he looked taken aback.

"Nathan...tomorrow I might can't make it. I was just assigned to work on a huge project with Darren and it's a very good opportunity for the startups in my career. I really needed to focus myself in this, you know. " I explained softly, avoiding to see his reaction.

"Darren? " I heard him asking and I answered him, "The one I introduced to you at Bali, we also had a long night talking random stuffs. You remember? "

"Oh, that man. Fine, then. Our date day can wait, you can have all your time to focus in this project and I don't mind waiting for you, my love. " he sweetly uttered and I smiled widely, hugging him again.

"Thank you for being understanding, Nathan. " I mumbled over his chest.

"My pleasure, my love. " he said while hugging me back.